Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House Closed for Initial Walt Disney World Resort Reopening

2.5 hours on the phone for them to not move me. To say that Jambo will be open. Out of principle I refuse to spend more points to be moved to a resort that they can guarantee will be open and have a full QS option, not pool bar food. Don't care for Sanaa at Kidani. They refused to move to me one without paying more since they say it will be open. Ugh! What makes it more frustrating is when you read about cash ressies being moved to DVC and not having to pay for the upgrade.

<Sorry to vent, but 2.5 hours on hold with them unable to guarantee that AKJ would be open has left me fumming.>
Agree I wouldn't pay more points...what are your dates?

2.5 hours on the phone for them to not move me. To say that Jambo will be open. Out of principle I refuse to spend more points to be moved to a resort that they can guarantee will be open and have a full QS option, not pool bar food. Don't care for Sanaa at Kidani. They refused to move to me one without paying more since they say it will be open. Ugh! What makes it more frustrating is when you read about cash ressies being moved to DVC and not having to pay for the upgrade.

<Sorry to vent, but 2.5 hours on hold with them unable to guarantee that AKJ would be open has left me fumming.>

I'm seeing quite a lot of availability starting July 10 other than Kidani, OKW, and SSR. You wouldn't be spending more points on many or any of them unless you are booked in a Value or Standard room. I'm not sure how long your room type and stay are, but if you really are this concerned about it, why would you waste this much time and frustration? Why not just preemptively move your reservation to something else and save yourself the headache?

I’m a bit surprised as I read this thread.
I like Kidani a bit better than Jambo. I was not aware there was the big popularity difference.

I agree. I much prefer Kidani, actually. Although we do like to stay at Jambo from time to time just as a change. Seems people really like in-building QS, and for Kidani Sanaa only offers breakfast QS. It does sound like Disney is expanding QS options at Kidani though, so I dunno.

We prefer Jambo. The lobby, the pool with flamingos next to it as well as the Mara. Particularly if staying in a standard view. No parking lot views. Either the pool or reclassified savanna views.

We have always been booked for Jambo. Originally, 6/27-7/5. After the reopening announcement meant no parks, we modified to 6/28-7/2 resort only. We could easily spend several days just hanging out at Jambo. Then came the roller coaster. It was on the original CM restaurant recall list, but wasn't on Disney's opening list and was not available for booking. Then it was available for booking. I made two calls in the last two weeks trying to see what we needed to do. One call resulted in nothing. One call resulted in us cleaning up the booking to rearrange our points and get our previously borrowed points put back to 2021.

This week brings the official notification on DVC website that Jambo will not inititally be open. I called yesterday morning and the system was down. I was told I could call back later, but if I have not received a phone call from them my reservation is not impacted. I called back yesterday afternoon, was on hold for 35 minutes. The first thing the CM asked was if I had received a call from them. I said no. She said then my reservation was OK and did not need to be moved, but she would check with a supervisor. Put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back, she said, yes, your reservation is not flagged as being impacted. IF a need arises to modify, they will call me.

I still fully expect to be moved, but that is where we are.

Last edited:
We have always been booked for Jambo. Originally, 6/27-7/5. After the reopening announcement meant no parks, we modified to 6/28-7/2 resort only. We could easily spend several days just hanging out at Jambo. Then came the roller coaster. It was on the original CM restaurant recall list, but wasn't on Disney's opening list and was not available for booking. Then it was available for booking. I made two calls in the last two weeks trying to see what we needed to do. One call resulted in nothing. One call resulted in us cleaning up the booking to rearrange our points and get our previously borrowed points put back to 2021.

This week brings the official notification on DVC website that Jambo will not inititally be open. I called yesterday morning and the system was down. I was told I could call back later, but if I have not received a phone call from them my reservation is not impacted. I called back yesterday afternoon, was on hold for 35 minutes. The first thing the CM asked was if I had received a call from them. I said no. She said then my reservation was OK and did not need to be moved, but she would check with a supervisor. Put me on hold for a few minutes. When she came back, she said, yes, your reservation is not flagged as being impacted. IF a need arises to modify, they will call me.

I still fully expect to be moved, but that it where we are.
Hmmm. I wonder if they don't have the right type of room available for you at Kidani. It doesn't matter if DVC has rooms available, Disney has to have breakage type room available.

Maybe you will be all lonely at Jambo. No restaurants or Merch, but quiet :)

I'm seeing quite a lot of availability starting July 10 other than Kidani, OKW, and SSR. You wouldn't be spending more points on many or any of them unless you are booked in a Value or Standard room. I'm not sure how long your room type and stay are, but if you really are this concerned about it, why would you waste this much time and frustration? Why not just preemptively move your reservation to something else.

Two bedroom, 9 people, 6 days. While there’s plenty of available not all 2 bedrooms accommodate 9, and we do not want OKW or SSR. AKK would do in a pinch but not really what we wanted. MS won’t let us borrow points from the next use year to move, not will they relocate us for our current rate to another resort. So we’re stuck.

Two bedroom, 9 people, 6 days. While there’s plenty of available not all 2 bedrooms accommodate 9, and we do not want OKW or SSR. AKK would do in a pinch but not really what we wanted. MS won’t let us borrow points from the next use year to move, not will they relocate us for our current rate to another resort. So we’re stuck.
We just got moved to Kidani. We're ok with that though. We own at AKL and have only ever stayed Jambo. Interested to try Kidani.

But if we wanted to move somewhere else, OKW or SSR would be great with Disney Springs there. Just saw they're opening up the boats from each of those resorts. We love OKW (esp near the hosp house)! We really love the boat ride to DS (after you get a drink at Gurgling Suitcase)!

The system let me book a Value Studio for July 2nd. As I'm staying there to break up a drive to pick my dog up from her show handler, I don't care where they relocate me but I'm all for spending only 12 points versus more.

We just got moved to Kidani. We're ok with that though. We own at AKL and have only ever stayed Jambo. Interested to try Kidani.

But if we wanted to move somewhere else, OKW or SSR would be great with Disney Springs there. Just saw they're opening up the boats from each of those resorts. We love OKW (esp near the hosp house)! We really love the boat ride to DS (after you get a drink at Gurgling Suitcase)!

I'm glad you got moved. My MDE still says Jambo house. I check in on Tuesday.

I'm glad you got moved. My MDE still says Jambo house. I check in on Tuesday.
We rented the points for the Jambo reservation (as we were out of points) and the member was kind enough to call and check on it for us when she never got an email about it.

We rented the points for the Jambo reservation (as we were out of points) and the member was kind enough to call and check on it for us when she never got an email about it.

I rented too. The agency said they haven't heard from the owner and to just show up for my reservation

Got my phone call this morning for Jambo Value 2 BR 6/28-7/2. We were moved to Kidani with them “gifting” the additional points.

We prefer Jambo over Kidani, but I completely understand the business decision to keep Jambo closed until the hotel side opens or bookings warrant it. As an AKV owner, we wouldn’t want to pay 100% of the operating costs of Jambo.

Pleased with the end result, just wish the communication would have been a little clearer and the process a little more efficient.

Got my phone call this morning for Jambo Value 2 BR 6/28-7/2. We were moved to Kidani with them “gifting” the additional points.

We prefer Jambo over Kidani, but I completely understand the business decision to keep Jambo closed until the hotel side opens or bookings warrant it. As an AKV owner, we wouldn’t want to pay 100% of the operating costs of Jambo.

Pleased with the end result, just wish the communication would have been a little clearer and the process a little more efficient.

Will that change reflect in MDE? We are point renters through a third party checking into Jambo 7/4 and are assuming the owner would get the call. Since they are cutting the moves so close we are trying to determine how we will know.

Will that change reflect in MDE? We are point renters through a third party checking into Jambo 7/4 and are assuming the owner would get the call. Since they are cutting the moves so close we are trying to determine how we will know.

I called to try to change ours as outlined earlier in the thread. At the time, I was told that our reservation was not flagged as impacted (even though we knew it was) and we would receive a phone call IF there was a need to change.

Two days later, I get the call. I missed it. They left a message explaining that Jambo was closed and they needed to talk to me to discuss options. I called back and was on hold for 21 minutes before being disconnected. Called again and was on hold for 20 mins before talking to someone. The agent I talked to did not seem to fully grasp the situation.She put me on hold for about 4 minutes to discuss What needed to happen with my reservation with a supervisor. She came back on offering the Kidani move for the same number of points we had booked with. I said that would work. She said she would get it taken care of and I should see it within 30 minutes or so.

In about 20-30 minutes, I received a confirmation email and it was showing in my DVC account and MDE.

It was not automatic. I had to speak with someone at MS to change.

It should reflect in MDE. I've been watching mine like crazy. I also rented through an agency. I check in on 6/23 and mine still says Jambo.

I called to try to change ours as outlined earlier in the thread. At the time, I was told that our reservation was not flagged as impacted (even though we knew it was) and we would receive a phone call IF there was a need to change.

Two days later, I get the call. I missed it. They left a message explaining that Jambo was closed and they needed to talk to me to discuss options. I called back and was on hold for 21 minutes before being disconnected. Called again and was on hold for 20 mins before talking to someone. The agent I talked to did not seem to fully grasp the situation.She put me on hold for about 4 minutes to discuss What needed to happen with my reservation with a supervisor. She came back on offering the Kidani move for the same number of points we had booked with. I said that would work. She said she would get it taken care of and I should see it within 30 minutes or so.

In about 20-30 minutes, I received a confirmation email and it was showing in my DVC account and MDE.

It was not automatic. I had to speak with someone at MS to change.

Thanks for explaining. Hoping my owner answers his phone when they call. LOL

DVC is playing this week by week just like non-DVC resorts. We had a Jambo club level stay for next week booked. I sent an email expressing our concern about what is going on with Jambo . We have been receiving consistently conflicting information from MS, on the phone and in chat for the past week. They had someone call this afternoon to move us to another resort at the expense of whatever points the difference was. No upgrades like cash resort guests that are keeping their dates have gotten. The resorts are fully available for our dates so any upgrade would not affect another member and would go along way with how they have handled things for Jambo reopening. Not to mention paying magic season points.

I'm a little salty lol
Don't get me wrong, we are happy to have disney and dvc reopening but would probably prefer they open later if they don't have all their ducks in row yet. They seem to be making problems for themselves with all the wrong information about Jambo out there.
This might be the first we’ve heard of how they are handling CL bookings during the closure period. I confess, I do have multiple horses on this race, but I am very interested in your experience here. Am I understanding correctly that you had a CL stay booked, the resort was flat-out closed, and they moved you to another resort (Kidani?) at a higher price than you paid per night for Club Level?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter