Do your schools get President's Week off?

I'm in MA, and we get the whole week. I've always considered it the "send them home and get them all healthy at once" break.

• How many days of school are required in your state? - 180
  • Do you get snow? - yes
  • When do you start the school year? - Tuesday after Labor Day (used to be Wednesday before)
  • When do you end the school year? - late June
Our calendar builds in 5 snow days, so it's written as 185 days, but they will "give back" the ones we don't use at the end.

I'm in MA, and we get the whole week. I've always considered it the "send them home and get them all healthy at once" break.

• How many days of school are required in your state? - 180
  • Do you get snow? - yes
  • When do you start the school year? - Tuesday after Labor Day (used to be Wednesday before)
  • When do you end the school year? - late June
Our calendar builds in 5 snow days, so it's written as 185 days, but they will "give back" the ones we don't use at the end.
Actually not a bad idea. We only get Monday and Tuesday as the President's Day break but had yesterday and now today off as snow days (well, ice days in this case). Good point about the long break maybe helping to get everyone healthy again!

I wish we had some snow days built in. We're in the midwest and get plenty of snow and ice. I believe as of today they are done adding days to the end of the school year (or it interferes with the summer school schedule) and will be taking today from spring break.

My kids' district builds in 2 snow days. Many, many years we go over that; they used this year's allotment on one storm just after Christmas. We'll see how the next month pans out.

I'm in a Catholic school. Technically I don't think we have to stick to exactly 180 days, but we're way over that anyway. So our snow days are pretty much whatever is necessary.

I've never heard of President's Week here in Ohio but our kids did get a 5 day weekend for it this year due to the teacher's getting Friday off because of conferences and they had Tuesday off (Tuesday? Who the heck takes off a Tuesday?) for a teacher workday. We took a spur of the moment trip to Washington DC when I realized how many days off they had lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter