Hypothetical Legal Question-Jambo House

Not heavily invested in this mini storm one way or another, but unless one owns a guaranteed week we are only promised the ability to try and make a reservation, based on availability. My deed claims I own a tiny percentage of a specific unit but Disney doesn't guarantee that I get to stay in that particular unit so the Jambo vs Kidani deeded interests claims are probably equally meaningless.

I can't imagine the lawsuit that complains "I got to stay in a room at AKV but it wasn't the room and location I wanted to stay in" would have any legs. With no emotional involvement in this issue, I have probably oversimplified everything but no doubt the error of my ways will shortly be made clear! :-)

I don’t see the need to move people that were originally staying CL at Jambo.
The rooms are identical to non CL rooms.
Let them use the rooms without the CL offerings.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't get the point they're trying to make in the legitimacy of the closure of these rooms.

Not heavily invested in this mini storm one way or another, but unless one owns a guaranteed week we are only promised the ability to try and make a reservation, based on availability. My deed claims I own a tiny percentage of a specific unit but Disney doesn't guarantee that I get to stay in that particular unit so the Jambo vs Kidani deeded interests claims are probably equally meaningless.

I can't imagine the lawsuit that complains "I got to stay in a room at AKV but it wasn't the room and location I wanted to stay in" would have any legs. With no emotional involvement in this issue, I have probably oversimplified everything but no doubt the error of my ways will shortly be made clear! :-)

My original argument was that it would have legs if an nba or a mls soccer player that was not a DVC member was staying in that room, which was the premise of this entire thread. :)

I'm just throwing this out there. Lots of rumors and speculation about Jambo being used for NBA, and members moved, plus decent availability literally gone overnight. I have to wonder if room are actually being held in anticipation of those baked points from March/April/May being extended 6 months? I stalk a lot regularly and saw a huge influx of SSR Sept thru Dec in every category. Then, again overnight they were gone. Some may have been booked, waitlist matched, etc. But, overnight? Perhaps for the immediate Summer dates they want to consolidate but, I wonder if Jambo really isn't on the table for sports? I also don't think they would stick the NBA right next to Kidani with other guests in fairly close proximity. It's just my gut feeling but, I think there's more to this whole thing.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to close Jambo for a few weeks ans move guests to Kidani, at least ntil the parks reopen. If they've noticed very little demand for the preview phase, then it could be a cost effective way to stagger the reopening. If they keep the whole Jambo building open just for one DVC floor, costs for owners could skyrocket.
The moment a guest enters Jambo house, they cannot move owners who booked Jambo to Kidani. DVC cannot retroactively rebook their rooms using their points, this would violate the "first come first serve" reservation rule that is in the POS. The fact that Jambo is unavailable until the end of the year smells trouble for DVC.

I was finally able to get in on the phone right at 9:00 EDT (8:00 for me). Estimated wait time was 25 mins, actual was 44. We had reservations in a Jambo value June 28-July 2 (originally June 28-July 5) which obviously need to be adjusted. I called and just said we needed to see what we had to do since our room would not be available. I anticipated that a logical first move would be to "upgrade" us to a Kidani standard for the same points. There was no offer, we were just told what resorts are available (all of them) and how many points we would need for the new rooms at each. They actually tried to push us to other resorts, not Kidani. We did some shuffling of points to ensure our previously borrowed points were fully restored. We kept our reservation for now and will modify online when we decide for sure what we want later today.

Last edited:

I cannot believe they are requiring members to pony up the point difference when they are forcing them to move resorts with NO explanation. Ridiculous.
I think DVC will try and get you to move yourself to a different resort and charge you the difference. If you wait till they move you It will be free.

Curious to see how all this plays out. I currently have a value studio booked at AKV the 2nd week in December. I got shut out last December for a value studio and had to use more points for a stay because of renovations. That was another time that lack of communication with owners caused suspicion and conspiracy theories - of which I was a part of. :crazy2:

I know Thanksgiving week is a special case, but there are no rooms in any category at any WDW DVC resort available for the nights of Nov 24th, Nov 26th, or Nov 27th. (for the night of Nov 25th the only availability is a 1BR at CCV and a 1BR at BWV) If Jambo was open, there would be a few more rooms available for those nights. Even though those Jambo rooms would also probably be fully booked on those dates, at least a few more DVC members could stay on those nights.
I have nights booked at Jambo during that time frame. I am just short 1 night which is waistlisted. I guess my chances of a complete stay are between 0 and none...

how can they move you if nothing else is even open? For our week in sept there is NOTHING open. I am hoping this is resolved for all that are booked at Jambo house.

Curious to see what happens when July 11th gets here. My daughter has a one bedroom at Jambo booked over Thanksgiving.

Wait. Does this mean that someone with a regular room-only reservation at Jambo--cash, and not DVC--will be moved to another resort? We've had a week at Jambo booked for December since last December. Bounceback. Not that we even know if we'd be able or willing to go this December, but as of right now we're intending to go.

However, there's a huge difference between a savanna-view room at AKL and a room anywhere else on the property, except for Kidani. And I believe Kidani studios don't have 2 queen beds, which would be another problem entirely.

But maybe this is only about DVC? Although I guess if every NBA team is staying there at the same time, we're talking about maybe 1,000 people, minimum (450 players + coaches, support staff, etc.), so perhaps that is the capacity of Jambo.

Now I am so depressed.

Wait. Does this mean that someone with a regular room-only reservation at Jambo--cash, and not DVC--will be moved to another resort? We've had a week at Jambo booked for December since last December. Bounceback. Not that we even know if we'd be able or willing to go this December, but as of right now we're intending to go.

However, there's a huge difference between a savanna-view room at AKL and a room anywhere else on the property, except for Kidani. And I believe Kidani studios don't have 2 queen beds, which would be another problem entirely.

But maybe this is only about DVC? Although I guess if every NBA team is staying there at the same time, we're talking about maybe 1,000 people, minimum (450 players + coaches, support staff, etc.), so perhaps that is the capacity of Jambo.

Now I am so depressed.
The NBA will be gone before your visit.

What makes sense to me is Jambo is a hotel first, DVC second and since all the hotels are closed it makes sense to have Jambo be closed regardless of the NBA or MLS. It's not like the Contemporary is going to be open outside of Bay Lake Tower and Yacht Club is closed even though Beach Club is open.

I doubt the NBA are staying in DVC accommodations. We also have no idea where they are actually staying so it could be all moderates and if they are in a deluxe it's just as likely they are in the Contemporary or Yacht Club as Jambo.

What makes sense to me is Jambo is a hotel first, DVC second and since all the hotels are closed it makes sense to have Jambo be closed regardless of the NBA or MLS. It's not like the Contemporary is going to be open outside of Bay Lake Tower and Yacht Club is closed even though Beach Club is open.

I doubt the NBA are staying in DVC accommodations. We also have no idea where they are actually staying so it could be all moderates and if they are in a deluxe it's just as likely they are in the Contemporary or Yacht Club as Jambo.
but Beach Club is not open only BCV and also BWV but not boardwalk. So there are several DVC properties that are inside hotels that are open. Also Copper Creek is open but not WIlderness Lodge. That is basically the same situation at Jambo.

I too am curiuos what they will do with our reservation for Jambo in December. There are literally no other places open for a studio during our week.

They can't house the NBA or whatever team they want and deny the DVC being open. That I'm SURE is NOT legal.

Just read elsewhere that a DVC owner got contacted by Terri after emailing. It seems that the booking at Kidani and Jambo were down and that it did not make sense to open both buildings,

Situation will be monitored and opened up as time goes on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter