I can't do winter anymore!

I love living somewhere that has 4 distinct seasons. I'm in Northeast Ohio and it was in the 50's today so not bad for December.

Grew up in MN, moved to Iowa, New Hampshire and Wisconsin - now live in Florida. I LOVE it, oh how I hated the snow and cold, especially as I got older the snow and the driving in it. Yes, the summers are very hot and very humid, but it's been 4 years and it's not bothered me yet. I'm worried about what happens on the next job move,there's not much further south we can go and I really really don't want to move north.

Still waiting impatiently for winter to arrive...

Mother Nature is off her head.

We are Impatiently waiting for summer here in Australia, temperature right now is 11C, It is 1.30pm.....we had a taste of summer on December 1st and it has gone down hill from there.

Tasmania actually got snow over the weekend, a fair dump too.

We always get really stinkin hot temps from November to February, but not this year.

November here is always quite hot, Temps of 35C + each day, we barely got to 25.

Come on Mother Nature, my town broke records over winter with the coldest over night temps for the area, please I beg you GIVE ME SUMMER!!!

Chicagoan here. I love having four seasons and don't mind winter. I could do without it getting super cold, but love the snow. This might change shortly though as this will be my first winter having to actually take my dog for walks before work since we no longer have a fenced yard I can just let her out into!

I despise winter, but I don't kid myself about leaving any time soon. We're in this house for at least 4 more years and probably 8, then in the general area for as long as our parents are living because they're in their mid-60s and already needing our help with routine things.

After they're gone I'd love to move south, but I think we're more likely to go the snowbird route than leave entirely. I love Michigan and I love Detroit, at least from April until October. I could even handle being here from April through Christmas, and just spending the first three months of every year somewhere with warmer weather and more sunshine.

I always joke that I'm half polar bear because I'm always feeling too warm, and I hate being hot. I LOVE cold weather and here in Atlanta we don't have enough of it. I was in shorts this weekend while picking out the Christmas tree, and that's just wrong!

I love boots and winter clothes and blankets and bundling up... If I could only convince my husband to move someplace colder, I'd totally do it!

Here we are, staring down another 3-4 months of cold, ice, snow, wind, and miserable weather. Every year, for the 14 years I've lived here, I have sworn it was the last winter here. And yet, here I am, still anchored to this area. Still freezing, still aching, still dreading each low temp.

Hear my declaration now: this time next year I will be packing a moving truck and heading for a warmer climate!

Anyone else hate winter a dreaming of sunnier skies?

No I’m dreading it. We had a hot spell in Spring and I nearly exploded from the heat. I’m not looking forward to the next few months at all. I’m not fond of extreme temperatures, a nice 26-28c everyday would be nice.

Winter is why we purchased a second home 25 miles from WDW. Never slipped and fell on the heat.
But I passed out from the heat and hit the ground at Busch Gardens Tampa.

I have always lived in SE Pennsylvania and LOVED winter growing up!!!

I loved sledding, the snow in pine trees, snow days, ect.

The past couple of years however, I have HATED winter. I was sick constantly all winter last year, and it has already started up this year. I think part of this, is that I grew up in Chester County, PA which still has a good bit of forest as well as behind a park where we could sled and stuff.

Partially, I attribute my dislike to being much closer to Philadelphia now, so snow is not nearly as pretty as it used to be.

I have begun considering moving to the ATL area or South/Central FL. This is not primarily due to the weather, but it certainly helps!!

I have always lived in SE Pennsylvania and LOVED winter growing up!!!

I loved sledding, the snow in pine trees, snow days, ect.

The past couple of years however, I have HATED winter. I was sick constantly all winter last year, and it has already started up this year. I think part of this, is that I grew up in Chester County, PA which still has a good bit of forest as well as behind a park where we could sled and stuff.

Partially, I attribute my dislike to being much closer to Philadelphia now, so snow is not nearly as pretty as it used to be.

I have begun considering moving to the ATL area or South/Central FL. This is not primarily due to the weather, but it certainly helps!!

Philly native here, lived in literally every county in the area...Bucks (born and raised), Philly itself, Chester, Montco, Delaware, Berks county. In Atlanta now, for the past 3.5 years. Weather is much better here, but life here is very, very different than it is in SE PA.

I'm sitting here with our last day in the 60s for the foreseeable future. Big weather-changing storm coming through tomorrow and highs in the 30s for as far as the eye can see.

I was lucky enough to live for 3 years in the Caribbean. I remember going home one Christmas and cutting my grass before getting on the plane. It was 83 when I got on the plane and when I got off close to my parents' home it was 4. Ugh.

I liked the change of seasons when I was younger, but I've decided it's totally overrated.

del-boca-vista.gif

Philly native here, lived in literally every county in the area...Bucks (born and raised), Philly itself, Chester, Montco, Delaware, Berks county. In Atlanta now, for the past 3.5 years. Weather is much better here, but life here is very, very different than it is in SE PA.

I was born at Lower Bucks County hospital. Lived in the Cobalt Ridge section of Levittown for all of 4 years and then due to my parents divorce moved to Atlanta. Been here 54 years now. Though I do not mind the snow and cold (guess cause we do not get all that much here) I sure am glad we moved all those years ago.

We are trying to decide where as snowbirds go, leaving Canada's winter months behind. Dgs will be 12 next winter, and on his own after having had us (Grandparents) to get him on and off the school bus. The states of Florida, and Carolina (Myrtle Beach) hold our interest. The desire is for warmth, but more so to avoid a slip, and fall! :cold:

Last edited:
I love living somewhere that has 4 distinct seasons. I'm in Northeast Ohio and it was in the 50's today so not bad for December.

Same here - another NE Ohioan. It's never really bothered me too much and I don't even mind the driving most days - for the most part, it's not my own driving I worry about, it's the folks around me. Defensive driving is never more important than in the winter.

That all being said, I have every intention of being a snowbird once my wife and I retire. :)

We are trying to decide where to snowbird to, leaving Canada's winter months behind. Dgs will be 12 next winter, and on his own after having had us (Grandparents) to get him on and off the school bus. The states of Florida, and Carolina (Myrtle Beach) hold our interest. The desire is for warmth, but more so to avoid a slip, and fall! :cold:

Well, if you're from Canada, Chicago would feel nice and toasty to you. :D

:wave: Hi from the southtowns! And I totally agree with you. We got the 7 feet in 24 hours & were snowed in for 3 days. While 20 minutes away, nothing. I hate winter, but I think hurricaines, tornadoes & wild fires would be much worse.

It can snow Thursday. But it better stop so we can get out of here to Disney World on Saturday morning!!

Another lake effect snow sufferer.. sigh albeit, a senior to boot, pun intended. Enjoy WDW we will be thinking about you. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter