I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone thinking of applying for the United card? 60K, $3K spend, $0AF. Having some serious MOFO but the terrible united stories are stopping me. Also, because I just applied for the Barclay Aviator.

I applied DH this morning and get an instant approval. I posted earlier today about my reasons for wanting the card and our unique situation with United.

Oh wow I'm learning too much now...Thank you for the info! I will def. call them later in summer,I have plenty of time. I don't think I could get DH to go even if we get nothing back. This current situation has me SMH,this is the 2nd instance were points booking and what seemed like a great deal turned out to be not so great a thing after all. :mad:

You'd only need to use your insurance policy once you are outside if the cruiseline's cancellation policy. If you cancel per Carnival's terms you'd get a refund, including your UR points.

Your insurance policy is for when you have to cancel after the cruise line cancellation-for-refund window is past. Like, for instance, you get sick 3 days before sailing. Carnival would say, too bad so sad, we keep your money. In that case you'd file a claim with the insurance company for a refund instead. As @gottalovepluto mentioned though, it gets more complex with points, but that's the general idea.

I'd keep an eye on Carnival's terms and offers as they adjust to the current environment and just make sure you cancel during their refund window.

Well guys we finally broke down and did it. With our trip to Australia on life support and lots of time at home, we decided it was time for a new family member (and very excited DS!) We welcomed Tati into our home. I’m a glutton for punishment.

OMG, I can't believe you finally did it! This isn't an April Fools joke is it? lol If not, then yay!!! So cute!

Okay! She’s on it 😊

Don't forget it's for FL not CO because it'll be based on where the job was. Also she can see from her paystub what they took out and if unemployment was part of it. I'm at least hoping they take the reg taxes out.

Started researching a bit more. If you do cancel before the 30 days you will get a FCC to use. (and that is only if you booked before March) But, you should be able to get a refund of your UR"s minus the deposit if you cancel before the 90 days that is their standard policy. So, be sure to cancel before then.
thank you so much!! I obviously can't figure out the policy I found on their website... I will be sure to get it all done by then. (and hopefully book something else by then too!)

You'd only need to use your insurance policy once you are outside if the cruiseline's cancellation policy. If you cancel per Carnival's terms you'd get a refund, including your UR points.

Your insurance policy is for when you have to cancel after the cruise line cancellation-for-refund window is past. Like, for instance, you get sick 3 days before sailing. Carnival would say, too bad so sad, we keep your money. In that case you'd file a claim with the insurance company for a refund instead. As @gottalovepluto mentioned though, it gets more complex with points, but that's the general idea.

I'd keep an eye on Carnival's terms and offers as they adjust to the current environment and just make sure you cancel during their refund window.
thank you. I feel a smidge better knowing I won;t lose all the points at least.

Officially cancelled my mid-May Orlando trip. Cancelled SW flights, cancelled Universal ressie, the DVC owner I rented through was great in rescheduling me to October. Not a whole lot of availability but I was really happy to take anywhere. Glad the uncertainty is over.

Today is my youngest DD's 25th bday. I had a heck of a time trying to find things to send her in SF - all the florists seem to be closed, and bakeries I tried. Eventually ordered her a carrot cake through Bake Me a Wish. Still awaiting delivery, it is only 3:21 in California.

The trend in Iowa leans toward conservative. How are your parents and inlaws feeling about this? Are they alarmed? Or are they feeling like it should be business as usual?

Perhaps if you lived in Iowa presently, you might view this situation in a different light, depending on the news media, political stance and general overall information trail that you would be following. Perhaps you would be alarmist. And perhaps you would be middle ground, doing the things necessary to stay safe., and perhaps, going about your everyday life as usual. Nothing appears closed there on the website I checked, but this site has errors.

I guess I should say this. Everyone is not going to get the virus. You and your husband will probably be okay, unless one of you is in worse shape then we think you are, even if you do contract the virus, because you have health and youth on your side. That's just not the case for all, and added to that we have the real possibility that the number of ill at one time will eventually overwhelm the resources available. That is the real fear - no ICU bed and ventilator if you do get sick enough to require them.

I truly appreciate that you and your husband have absorbed the message - that beating this virus requires everyone to take precautions. It's a sign of social responsibility. I'm leaning toward alarmist, because I'm higher risk.

You can advise your loved ones to stay safe and you can try to give them information on how to do this. Hopefully they already know and are practicing safety, and if they don't that they will listen to you and take steps to stay safe.

I'm in contact with many of my relatives and I know they are doing the right things. I do have a couple of close relatives that probably don't do all the things that keep all of us safer. I can't control them so I hope all goes well.
My in-laws at first thought it was silly for things to start closing. I’m not sure how they feel now. My parents go to work because the business is still open but from my mom’s attitude yesterday it sounds like she’d rather them be closed. My parents are making the choice to go in every day It makes me nervous because they’re both over 60 with underlying issues. I can’t force them to stay home though.

If I lived in Iowa I wouldn’t be acting any different from how I am now and that’s because I’m pregnant. Dh and I both said if I wasn’t pregnant we would be getting our own groceries and not worrying as much. We just can’t take that risk right now.

My parents are supposed to come down two weeks after the baby is born. I asked them yesterday if they would be willing to self isolate for two weeks before coming down (so no work or seeing family). They seemed very willing and I don’t think that’s a lot for me to ask when we’ll have a newborn in the house.

Don't forget it's for FL not CO because it'll be based on where the job was. Also she can see from her paystub what they took out and if unemployment was part of it. I'm at least hoping they take the reg taxes out.
It’s tricky she worked in CO and FL...She may not be able to collect in FL...they require FL ID to file

My in-laws at first thought it was silly for things to start closing. I’m not sure how they feel now. My parents go to work because the business is still open but from my mom’s attitude yesterday it sounds like she’d rather them be closed. My parents are making the choice to go in every day It makes me nervous because they’re both over 60 with underlying issues. I can’t force them to stay home though.

If I lived in Iowa I wouldn’t be acting any different from how I am now and that’s because I’m pregnant. Dh and I both said if I wasn’t pregnant we would be getting our own groceries and not worrying as much. We just can’t take that risk right now.

My parents are supposed to come down two weeks after the baby is born. I asked them yesterday if they would be willing to self isolate for two weeks before coming down (so no work or seeing family). They seemed very willing and I don’t think that’s a lot for me to ask when we’ll have a newborn in the house.
But they would still be on a plane with other people...going through the airports etc...ugh

The trend in Iowa leans toward conservative. How are your parents and inlaws feeling about this? Are they alarmed? Or are they feeling like it should be business as usual?

Perhaps if you lived in Iowa presently, you might view this situation in a different light, depending on the news media, political stance and general overall information trail that you would be following. Perhaps you would be alarmist. And perhaps you would be middle ground, doing the things necessary to stay safe., and perhaps, going about your everyday life as usual. Nothing appears closed there on the website I checked, but this site has errors.

I guess I should say this. Everyone is not going to get the virus. You and your husband will probably be okay, unless one of you is in worse shape then we think you are, even if you do contract the virus, because you have health and youth on your side. That's just not the case for all, and added to that we have the real possibility that the number of ill at one time will eventually overwhelm the resources available. That is the real fear - no ICU bed and ventilator if you do get sick enough to require them.

I truly appreciate that you and your husband have absorbed the message - that beating this virus requires everyone to take precautions. It's a sign of social responsibility. I'm leaning toward alarmist, because I'm higher risk.

You can advise your loved ones to stay safe and you can try to give them information on how to do this. Hopefully they already know and are practicing safety, and if they don't that they will listen to you and take steps to stay safe.

I'm in contact with many of my relatives and I know they are doing the right things. I do have a couple of close relatives that probably don't do all the things that keep all of us safer. I can't control them so I hope all goes well.
I’m actually surprised at how compliant people are and how willing they are to give up their civil liberties. I never thought I’d live see the day when the government took away our jobs. I don’t know what peoples breaking point is. Maybe when unemployment reaches 30%. I think this is going to be a very different world in 6 months. The virus is just the beginning.
I’m trying to do my part and be a team player,and cheerleader. but I’m very concerned and angry about all of it. I iknow it’s not the perspective people like to hear. Hopefully I’m wrong and this will go just like they tell us it will, and we will have that third quarter rebound and will all live happily ever after. Right now I’m not believing anything they tell me. Sorry for the vent.

She did file through FL’s site. How does unemployment work? Whatever they took out is somehow given back? Thankfully, we’ve never had to file So I don’t understand how it works.

I’m actually surprised at how compliant people are and how willing they are to give up their civil liberties. I never thought I’d live see the day when the government took away our jobs. I don’t know what peoples breaking point is. Maybe when unemployment reaches 30%. I think this is going to be a very different world in 6 months. The virus is just the beginning.
I’m trying to do my part and be a team player,and cheerleader. but I’m very concerned and angry about all of it. I iknow it’s not the perspective people like to hear. Hopefully I’m wrong and this will go just like they tell us it will, and we will have that third quarter rebound and will all live happily ever after. Right now I’m not believing anything they tell me. Sorry for the vent.
I actually feel exactly the same. Having a very hard time with this.

It’s tricky she worked in CO and FL...She may not be able to collect in FL...they require FL ID to file
Hmm I’m not sure. Said she filled out the app. I’m guessing they will say she’s not eligible. But then she wouldn’t be eligible in CO either, right, since she quit that job? If she hadn’t gone to FL, she would have been laid off, as they are nonessential and closed.

Hmm I’m not sure. Said she filled out the app. I’m guessing they will say she’s not eligible. But then she wouldn’t be eligible in CO either, right, since she quit that job? If she hadn’t gone to FL, she would have been laid off, as they are nonessential and closed.
It’s so complicated but I’m not sure. We had an employee quit and start a new job. They fired her after a week and the unemployment claim went against us because she wasn’t with the new employer long enough.
Can she get her old job back? I’m sure that’s a dumb question given the current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter