I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I’m not sure. Said she filled out the app. I’m guessing they will say she’s not eligible. But then she wouldn’t be eligible in CO either, right, since she quit that job? If she hadn’t gone to FL, she would have been laid off, as they are nonessential and closed.
Honestly not sure....I had looked at the FL and NY websites 2 weeks ago to see what would be needed it said have FL ID..but if she was able to complete the application :tink: She gets it

Last edited:
Hmm I’m not sure. Said she filled out the app. I’m guessing they will say she’s not eligible. But then she wouldn’t be eligible in CO either, right, since she quit that job? If she hadn’t gone to FL, she would have been laid off, as they are nonessential and closed.
I’m thinking they will be far more lenient than normal with Unemployment considering the unprecedented situation we are currently facing. There’s also the possibility that the system will be so overwhelmed that they’ll just push it through.

It’s so complicated but I’m not sure. We had an employee quit and start a new job. They fired her after a week and the unemployment claim went against us because she wasn’t with the new employer long enough.
Can she get her old job back? I’m sure that’s a dumb question given the current situation.
Her old job was at an aquarium and they are closed so no going back there til they open.

I’m actually surprised at how compliant people are and how willing they are to give up their civil liberties. I never thought I’d live see the day when the government took away our jobs. I don’t know what peoples breaking point is. Maybe when unemployment reaches 30%. I think this is going to be a very different world in 6 months. The virus is just the beginning.
I’m trying to do my part and be a team player,and cheerleader. but I’m very concerned and angry about all of it. I iknow it’s not the perspective people like to hear. Hopefully I’m wrong and this will go just like they tell us it will, and we will have that third quarter rebound and will all live happily ever after. Right now I’m not believing anything they tell me. Sorry for the vent.
I am very concerned as well....I forget where you(sorry) are but here on LI it’s very scary since so many people work in NYC and probably were exposed on the trains/subway etc
A good friends Dad passed away..he was 85 with health conditions ..they couldn’t have a funeral and burial...and now our friends have it....so far they are ok..thank God
The jobs are a worry, my DHs company just did layoffs and pay cuts..thankfully he’s not laid off but who knows what the future holds...his company sells remote starts and other things to the auto industry, they also sell high end headphones and lots of other electronics....most of their customers stopped all their April through June orders....multiple that by all the other industries...and it’s scary
I’m over 60 but no underlying health issues that I know of.....hate that simple things like food shopping are scary....praying for everyone

Last edited:
My in-laws at first thought it was silly for things to start closing. I’m not sure how they feel now. My parents go to work because the business is still open but from my mom’s attitude yesterday it sounds like she’d rather them be closed. My parents are making the choice to go in every day It makes me nervous because they’re both over 60 with underlying issues. I can’t force them to stay home though.

If I lived in Iowa I wouldn’t be acting any different from how I am now and that’s because I’m pregnant. Dh and I both said if I wasn’t pregnant we would be getting our own groceries and not worrying as much. We just can’t take that risk right now.

My parents are supposed to come down two weeks after the baby is born. I asked them yesterday if they would be willing to self isolate for two weeks before coming down (so no work or seeing family). They seemed very willing and I don’t think that’s a lot for me to ask when we’ll have a newborn in the house.
I think that's a very reasonable request.

She did file through FL’s site. How does unemployment work? Whatever they took out is somehow given back? Thankfully, we’ve never had to file So I don’t understand how it works.

If they paid her like it's a regular job then unemployment taxes come out of it. It's part of what comes out of all of our checks each pay period and where the money for the program comes. At least that's always been my understanding.

I don't see how FL can keep it to only FL DL's though. Between seasonal workers due to those that hold residences elsewhere and college students not to mention military spouses, there's plenty of people all over the country that are legally in the state with a different DL. Or I went to CA for 4 years with my WA license and shouldn't have, but I wasn't a CA resident, paid out of state tuition and still voted in WA, my car was plated in WA etc.

You also can't get unemployment if you quit and it wouldn't matter if where she was previously working isn't open, she wasn't an employee for there for a long enough time. It doesn't matter that if she'd still have been there x would happen because she wasn't there.

I think more of the conern would be how close are they looking at it and how do they look at college program kids. Even if it's considered a paid internship they are paid like it's a pt job not with a stipend so taxes and SSI etc should have been taken out. If they weren't I'd be concerned about a lot of kids taxes since the program started :)

If they paid her like it's a regular job then unemployment taxes come out of it. It's part of what comes out of all of our checks each pay period and where the money for the program comes. At least that's always been my understanding.

I don't see how FL can keep it to only FL DL's though. Between seasonal workers due to those that hold residences elsewhere and college students not to mention military spouses, there's plenty of people all over the country that are legally in the state with a different DL. Or I went to CA for 4 years with my WA license and shouldn't have, but I wasn't a CA resident, paid out of state tuition and still voted in WA, my car was plated in WA etc.

You also can't get unemployment if you quit and it wouldn't matter if where she was previously working isn't open, she wasn't an employee for there for a long enough time. It doesn't matter that if she'd still have been there x would happen because she wasn't there.

I think more of the conern would be how close are they looking at it and how do they look at college program kids. Even if it's considered a paid internship they are paid like it's a pt job not with a stipend so taxes and SSI etc should have been taken out. If they weren't I'd be concerned about a lot of kids taxes since the program started :)
Right, I know she can’t claim it on her previous job. Getting it from the dcp is only option. We will see what happens. They said could take up to 2 weeks to process.

Anyone thinking of applying for the United card? 60K, $3K spend, $0AF. Having some serious MOFO but the terrible united stories are stopping me. Also, because I just applied for the Barclay Aviator.

Is it possible you mean FOMO? I don’t think MOFO is what you are trying to say lol

Also yea I would not touch United with a 10ft pole right now. Honestly, I think airline miles are about to be extremely devalued in a few months in an attempt at revenue recovery. I think good deals only exist now due to the fact only essential travel is happening. Once people can move freely in however many months that is I expect a huge blow to the airline mile programs.

Thanks, everyone and Sorry guys. I am still happily team “no pug.” Tati is a beautiful figment of my imagination and a borrowed gif. DS’s BF congratulated him on his new dog and I now need to break his ❤️. If we ever do get one, DS will be in the pic with it and it would probably be a pug (or at least a little dog.) Happy April Fool’s!

I am very concerned as well....I forget where you(sorry) are but here on LI it’s very scary since so many people work in NYC and probably were exposed on the trains/subway etc
A good friends Dad passed away..he was 85 with health conditions ..they couldn’t have a funeral and burial...and now our friends have it....so far they are ok..thank God
The jobs are a worry, my DHs company just did layoffs and pay cuts..thankfully he’s not laid off but who knows what the future holds...his company sells remote starts and other things to the auto industry, they also sell high end headphones and lots of other electronics....most of their customers stopped all their April through June orders....multiple that by all the other industries...and it’s scary
I’m over 60 but no underlying health issues that I know of.....hate that simple things like food shopping are scary....praying for everyone
NYC is such a different city. People are packed in like sardines. I'm not surprised the outbreak is so bad there. I wonder what their flu numbers are like every year. My DH's company is going to have mass layoffs in about 6 months. He will not be laid off.

I think so far Americans are doing a pretty good job of keeping it together, staying civil. and following the guidelines. If you start limiting people from an outdoor activity we are going to lose our minds. Running and walking the dog is the only thing keeping me sane at this point. I've never seen so many people outside exercising. That may be one positive thing to come out of this. When I hear some media pundits call for patrolling the neighborhoods and arresting people for leaving their house I start to get freaked out. That's not an America I want to live in.

If the unemployment rates get to where some are predicting. Civil unrest and other issues could be a big concern. I may need a bigger watchdog. I currently have a chihuahua.

NYC is such a different city. People are packed in like sardines. I'm not surprised the outbreak is so bad there. I wonder what their flu numbers are like every year. My DH's company is going to have mass layoffs in about 6 months. He will not be laid off.

I think so far Americans are doing a pretty good job of keeping it together, staying civil. and following the guidelines. If you start limiting people from an outdoor activity we are going to lose our minds. Running and walking the dog is the only thing keeping me sane at this point. I've never seen so many people outside exercising. That may be one positive thing to come out of this. When I hear some media pundits call for patrolling the neighborhoods and arresting people for leaving their house I start to get freaked out. That's not an America I want to live in.

If the unemployment rates get to where some are predicting. Civil unrest and other issues could be a big concern. I may need a bigger watchdog. I currently have a chihuahua.
Dh and I went to get gas today, trying to be as careful as possible. I didn't get out of the car. Then I noticed tons of people over at our big sports complex so I asked him to drive over there to see what was going on. There were so many groups of people out playing sports and weren't following the 6 foot rule at all. I'm not sure what it's going to take for people around here to understand. One group was about 15 teenagers wearing matching uniforms so I can only assume it was a sports practice. They were in a tight group throwing a ball around. I'm all for people going out and exercising; I think that's great! I love seeing more people out lately that are exercising or playing outside. Seeing big groups like that does make me nervous, though.

Thanks, everyone and Sorry guys. I am still happily team “no pug.” Tati is a beautiful figment of my imagination and a borrowed gif. DS’s BF congratulated him on his new dog and I now need to break his ❤. If we ever do get one, DS will be in the pic with it and it would probably be a pug (or at least a little dog.) Happy April Fool’s!
You had me for sure 😂 Good job!

I have read so many threads on the stimulus package I can’t remember where I saw what information. I think we talked about this here. Probably doesn’t affect anyone directly on this thread, but maybe parents or grandparents. Anyone who doesn’t usually file a tax return WILL need to file one to get paid. It says info will be sent with instructions.

Apparently they are walking this back. Information changing every day. So confusing.

“Social Security recipients who are not typically required to file a tax return need to take no action, and will receive their payment directly to their bank account,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in a statement Wednesday night.

Is it possible you mean FOMO? I don’t think MOFO is what you are trying to say lol

Omg. I’m laughing so hard. Not quite the same meaning when you mix up the letters.

My Dad recently texted our family group chat with his bitmoji that had FML on it. We had to ask him if he knew what that meant. Nope. He just used that particular one because it was touching face after we told him he couldn’t tough his face. 🤣🤣🤣. He was a little shocked when we told him what it meant. 🤣🤣

Well DH just applied for a CIP with the link I generated a week or so ago. Feel a little better now that it is April. To put 3 months, would have needed to wait until April 20th. I was too afraid the 80k/5k offer would go away. Got the need more time response. That was expected. Now have to be patient for a few days. He lowered CL on a card through SM last week. Took 4 days to get a response. They are swamped, I bet.
Good luck! I pushed this one up a bit too for DH. He wasn't due until 4/9 and was just approved on Monday, also after waiting 4 days to lower credit. Hopefully you have the same result!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter