I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mine and P2 biz plats coming up for renewal and while I don't want to end up in pop-up jail, I'm really tired of managing these stupid credits.
EXACTLY!!! I feel the same way. Sometimes I feel like Amex makes it so hard so you won't use the credits. I'm also running out of things to buy at Dell, LOL. I want the Lord of the Rings credit card, i.e. "the one card to rule them all." :)

With my AF appearing any day now, I used the Dell and airline credits in early January. Hopefully they won't be clawed back. I haven't used my card much at all (except for the aforementioned credits); I called for a retention offer in December but was told I had one in February, 2021 and would have to wait until this month for another. I am not hopeful.

I'm in the same boat with not having much spend on the card. I wish I'd used them right away. I'm tempted to go for it though. At least maybe the Dell (if I can find something I want) and maybe $100 of the airline fee. I don't know ... anyone use these and get them clawed back when closing the card? I've had it at least 5 years.

Flights are cancelled. I'll call Virgin tomorrow. I should be able to change my return to through SFO since they do fly there on Sunday's. My outbound there's nothing, only option ANA's site shows is United. I may change back to leaving thurs instead of wed, the ANA flight leaves from Sea that day. But I can't tell if there's biz class award or not. Otherwise the DL flight is like 40k miles cheaper on thurs and it gets in mid afternoon vs late evening that ana does. So I'm not losing as much time but also I had originally wanted it booked leaving thurs.

I can do DL on the outbound, though it leaves a few hours earlier which means I'll have to take another day off work. I'm better booking that via DL right? Virgin's sweet spot with DL is with domestic flights correct? And can those be booked online? I'll end up with some leftover miles I'll need to use at some point.

Would probably only be looking at premium and not DL One, it's too many miles unfortunately.

United business/first class flyers---how do you know if a flight is United Polaris business class? Can you only tell by the seat configuration when booking?

I'm looking at October returns to the east coast from HNL. We would need to make one stop, either in SFO or ORD, to fly to PHL. ORD makes more sense because the first leg is so long that we would (potentially) get some decent sleep, but the layover is either 1 hour lol or 4 hours. There isn't a Centurion Lounge at ORD, so I checked United lounges and it looks like we wouldn't be able to get into a United lounge on that ticket unless we have flown United Polaris business class there. When I look at the seat configuration for the HNL-ORD leg, it looks like Polaris (I think??)--with the 1-2-1 arrangement.

United business/first class flyers---how do you know if a flight is United Polaris business class? Can you only tell by the seat configuration when booking?

I'm looking at October returns to the east coast from HNL. We would need to make one stop, either in SFO or ORD, to fly to PHL. ORD makes more sense because the first leg is so long that we would (potentially) get some decent sleep, but the layover is either 1 hour lol or 4 hours. There isn't a Centurion Lounge at ORD, so I checked United lounges and it looks like we wouldn't be able to get into a United lounge on that ticket unless we have flown United Polaris business class there. When I look at the seat configuration for the HNL-ORD leg, it looks like Polaris (I think??)--with the 1-2-1 arrangement.

The only way I know how to do it is by looking at the seat configuration like you did. If there's a better way I'd love to know.

Also, note that United has been changing planes at the last minute lately, so you may book Polaris but not get it. I know the ORD flight to Maui looks like it's real Polaris (so far) so I'd suspect the ones to HNL would be, but it's just hard to know these days.

ORD is a lounge wasteland. :( If you're on "real" Polaris you can use the United lounge on that long of a flight, but we flew real Polaris ORD-SFO a couple of times and the lounge was not available for us (maybe because it's a shorter flight?)

are u looking for convenience or more luxury.
Both, really, but I suppose with it being our first visit there we won't be in the room much because we'll be out exploring. So convenience should priority.
I've been to the hyatt centric fisherman warf but i wanna check out Hotel Kabuki next time im not sure about the location though i do love me some ramen :)

It looks a little soon for another Chase card for you. Your DH could do it though.

You might be able to pull up a 150k offer for $15k spend for the biz plat ($695 AF). You can see if you can get that with your DH's support.

The Venture X is a good SUB, but that would put you at 4/24 until June 2023. Approval can be unpredictable too. If you want to stay at 4/24 to continue getting Chase biz cards, this is basically your last slot to play with.

If you value Hilton FNC, the Hilton biz is 130k plus an FNC. Spend 15k total and you have another FNC.
Couldn't sleep, decided to copy and paste DH's Amex referral link to different browsers a few times--lo and behold, 150K Biz Plat offer showed up! And instant approval! Definitely going to drop 15K in spending soon with 1/3 of my DVC purchase. Thanks!

I've been to the hyatt centric fisherman warf but i wanna check out Hotel Kabuki next time im not sure about the location though i do love me some ramen :)
I wasn't sure about the location either, but some people seem to give it a lot of love online!

The only way I know how to do it is by looking at the seat configuration like you did. If there's a better way I'd love to know.

Also, note that United has been changing planes at the last minute lately, so you may book Polaris but not get it. I know the ORD flight to Maui looks like it's real Polaris (so far) so I'd suspect the ones to HNL would be, but it's just hard to know these days.

ORD is a lounge wasteland. :( If you're on "real" Polaris you can use the United lounge on that long of a flight, but we flew real Polaris ORD-SFO a couple of times and the lounge was not available for us (maybe because it's a shorter flight?)
Thanks :) Dh has turned into such a lounge person since 2019 that I can't see us hanging around a gate area for that long. MCO before departure last week was bad enough, but ORD is just horrible on all fronts.

Anyone else having issues seeing offers on their Chase cards? Usually if I look at offers, I can click on the drop-down and change which card it shows the offers for. Yesterday & today, it is only showing the offers for one card, and there is no ability to change it to one of my other cards. Having the issue on both the app and the website.

Anyone else having issues seeing offers on their Chase cards? Usually if I look at offers, I can click on the drop-down and change which card it shows the offers for. Yesterday & today, it is only showing the offers for one card, and there is no ability to change it to one of my other cards. Having the issue on both the app and the website.

Does that all the time if you go to the offers via a card. In the app if you scroll down you'll find offers and the drop down works when you use that one.

P2 was approved for CIC 2/4, not instant but the day after the application, the CL was $7,500 when it first appeared on his account. He received a welcome email on 2/10 but that email said CL was $5,000. I noticed a few days ago that his CL is now $4,000.

Another DP: Used SW Biz 2 EBCI, card also had 10% SW offer. Was credited $50 for the card benefit + $5 for the offer.

I'm not going through a card. I am scrolling down on the app (on the screen that lists all of my cards), until I get to where it says Chase Offers. Usually if I click on that, I then get a drop down to change the card the offers are shown for, but it is not giving me the ability to change the card.

I'm not going through a card. I am scrolling down on the app (on the screen that lists all of my cards), until I get to where it says Chase Offers. Usually if I click on that, I then get a drop down to change the card the offers are shown for, but it is not giving me the ability to change the card.
I just checked mine, and I can change between cards. I'm using an iPhone--are you using android?

Both of our accounts seem to be working fine on the website, so hopefully yours will soon too. Not sure why it would be different.

No - I'm on an iPhone as well. And I am having the issue on both my laptop (a MacBook) and my work computer (an HP). Very strange. I guess I'll give it a few days & see if it straightens itself out. I can see offers only for my SW card - it shows that card number and does not give me a drop down to change it to either my Slate or my CSP.

No - I'm on an iPhone as well. And I am having the issue on both my laptop (a MacBook) and my work computer (an HP). Very strange. I guess I'll give it a few days & see if it straightens itself out. I can see offers only for my SW card - it shows that card number and does not give me a drop down to change it to either my Slate or my CSP.
Ugh, that's so frustrating :( I hope it straightens out quickly!

Just got an email form Southwest about free A-List until April 30th with registration. Won't be flying between now and then, too bad it didn't cover summer. :badpc:
lol me too---registered just in case I have to go to Sac unexpectedly (hard to think of my aunties being elderly but it is what it is, unfortunately)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter