Kristen & Doug's Wedding: 5.5.12 - TR Day 3 (Updated 6.14)

I love your song selections. I think the boys entering to the Imperial March will be so cool :) I also considered using Beauty and the Beast in our ceremony but eventually went with So This is Love. Great choices!

I love your song selections. I think the boys entering to the Imperial March will be so cool :) I also considered using Beauty and the Beast in our ceremony but eventually went with So This is Love. Great choices!

Yeah, all of them will be really happy about it. Even the four year old :lmao:

The 'Beauty and the Beast' tale is one of my all time favorite stories, even outside of the Disney realm (the 1946 French film 'La Belle et La Bete' is amazing), so I had to include a song from there. I kinda wish I had more people just so we could use more songs lol.

That's so cool that you're using the Imperial March. When we were making our music lists, I asked DH if he wanted to use it and he said Nah. Well, at the rehearsal one of the groomsmen had it on their phones and randomly played it as they were all walking down the aisle. And the guys thought that was the greatest thing! I told them could have that for the actual music and they were so excited. I asked Meri if we could change the music last minute and she said sure. But unfortunately, I found out after the ceremony that the music never got changed and we just had the original selection. Boo! But anyways, everyone's going to love your choice!

That's so cool that you're using the Imperial March. When we were making our music lists, I asked DH if he wanted to use it and he said Nah. Well, at the rehearsal one of the groomsmen had it on their phones and randomly played it as they were all walking down the aisle. And the guys thought that was the greatest thing! I told them could have that for the actual music and they were so excited. I asked Meri if we could change the music last minute and she said sure. But unfortunately, I found out after the ceremony that the music never got changed and we just had the original selection. Boo! But anyways, everyone's going to love your choice!

Aww, I'm sorry that it didn't work out for your hubby.

I pretty much told Doug that he could choose whatever he wanted, since it's his entrance and all. I think he just got tired and went that one :lmao: But it's fine by me. It'll be at a slightly slower tempo than the original, which gives it an almost dramatic feel. (Which so isn't Doug, but :confused3)

:)

And not surprisingly, I just got the phone call from Vita that I'm being moved to a different planner. Anyone have any experience with Karen Skilling(?)? I'm sure everything will be fine, but it's always nice to have an idea beforehand. :)

Since we inadvertently wound up with peacock colors, as I was emailing a seller on Etsy, I figured out the color scheme, which I hope is possible:

me - white dress, blue accents in bouquet if possible (purple wrapping around stems?)
Doug - blue tie, white flower, purple wrapping around bout?
Vicky - blue dress, purple accents in bouquet
Adam and Seth - purple tie, white flower, blue accent in wrapping
David - purple tie
Kenzie - blue sash around dress

Does the ring bearer get a bout, too? I guess I'll make it be the same as the others.

I have a phone appointment tomorrow with Rosie. This is a lot of phone conversations this week for the girl who tries to avoid it as much as possible! :lmao:

In health-related news, I spent most of Saturday at the ER. I've been having daily headaches for more than three months now, with migraines at least twice a week. About two-three weeks ago, I started getting random, stabbing pains once or twice day. By last week, the stabbing pains were happening dozens of times a day. With the family history being so full of cancer (my dad's actually on chemo right now), I was terrified. So, off to the ER, where we spent about 8 hours. They finally got the IV in (three attemps! You should see the bruises!) and gave me some painkillers, then brought in for a CT scan, which came up normal. So, I go to a neurologist on the 18th now. I'm certainly relieved that it isn't a tumor or anything, but I'm annoyed that I have to wait another 9 days to find out what the problem is.

So, that's that. I think that's everything going on in my life right now. :lmao:

Love your music selection!

Sending good vibes and pixie dust :wizard: about your results! I hope everything turns out okay!

aww I'm sorry your going through so much pain. My DF has had a nightmare of migraines. I hope the neuro can find the answers quickly.

So sorry to hear you're being moved to a different planner. I'm sure Karen will be great!

I love the color scheme! So pretty!

I don't think the ring bearer needs a bout but if you want him to have one it's always okay!

I'm so sorry to hear about your headaches and your trip to the ER! :( Wow, 3x for the IV? I'm so so sorry. Very glad to hear the CT was normal. I'll cross my fingers for a good report from the neurologist. Please keep us updated!

Love your music selection!

Sending good vibes and pixie dust about your results! I hope everything turns out okay!

Thanks! I'm hoping it's the pixie dust that does the trick :goodvibes

aww I'm sorry your going through so much pain. My DF has had a nightmare of migraines. I hope the neuro can find the answers quickly.

I'm hoping so, too. I'm just annoyed that I have to wait another week. But hopefully they'll have answers and solutions right away!

So sorry to hear you're being moved to a different planner. I'm sure Karen will be great!

I love the color scheme! So pretty!

I don't think the ring bearer needs a bout but if you want him to have one it's always okay!

I'm so sorry to hear about your headaches and your trip to the ER! Wow, 3x for the IV? I'm so so sorry. Very glad to hear the CT was normal. I'll cross my fingers for a good report from the neurologist. Please keep us updated!

I'm pretty optimistic that everything will go well with the new planner. I just can't seem to find anyone that's had her before. :confused3

I should be getting the phone call from Rosie soon. I'm a little bit nervous, but that's nothing new.

Yeah. Despite having every phlebotomist tell me I have awesome veins, the veins just don't like IVs. I guess I can't blame them. ;)

Thanks for the crossing! I've got the fingers and toes crossed for an easy answer, too! :goodvibes

So sorry you've been in pain! I hope you feel better soon. It's also unfortunate about your planner, but I'm sure everything will work out fine.

I love your colors :goodvibes Also, the ring bearer doesn't necessarily need a bout. We got them for our two ring bearers and while one wore it and it looked adorable, the other absolutely refused to put it on! So you never know with kids!

So sorry you've been in pain! I hope you feel better soon. It's also unfortunate about your planner, but I'm sure everything will work out fine.

I love your colors :goodvibes Also, the ring bearer doesn't necessarily need a bout. We got them for our two ring bearers and while one wore it and it looked adorable, the other absolutely refused to put it on! So you never know with kids!

I think I'm more optimistic about the planner than I am about there being less pain anytime soon. :rolleyes: These headaches are going to seriously affect my score on the Jeopardy test next week! (It's a life goal to be on there one day) But, on a serious note, thank you for the well wishes. :)

I found a really cute badge at Michael's tonight that I almost bought for our ring bearer. It's badge-shaped and said "Official Ring Bearer". I think David would be quite pleased with it. So I think that'll be the option, and I'll just get the bouts for the groomsmen and my dad.

Just caught up on your PJ. I love the colour scheme that's shaping up, peacock colours always look so lovely! In my opinion, the bout might be too much for a ringbearer, especially if he is of a smaller frame. He may also fidget with it, or be distracted by it. It really depends on his temperment, I guess.

Sending more get well wishes and keeping my fingers crossed as well that all goes well with your dress!

Just caught up on your PJ. I love the colour scheme that's shaping up, peacock colours always look so lovely! In my opinion, the bout might be too much for a ringbearer, especially if he is of a smaller frame. He may also fidget with it, or be distracted by it. It really depends on his temperment, I guess.

Sending more get well wishes and keeping my fingers crossed as well that all goes well with your dress!

Thanks!

While David's pretty mature for his age (and takes after his 6'8" father), I'm leaning towards the little badge that says "Official Ring Bearer". I think he'll really like it, and it'll be super cute. Now I just need to remember to get to the Michael's website and print out a coupon. ;)

You know that terrible moment when you start to think that everything you chose is going to look horrible, and 'what on earth were you thinking?', and "is this even going to match?!"?

Yeah. I'm there right now.

Our conversation just now:
"What if everything sucks?"
"We're getting married at Disney. It's impossible for it to suck."
"But what if the colors are ugly and my ideas aren't pretty?"
"It'll be fine."

*sigh*

You know that terrible moment when you start to think that everything you chose is going to look horrible, and 'what on earth were you thinking?', and "is this even going to match?!"?

Yeah. I'm there right now.

Our conversation just now:
"What if everything sucks?"
"We're getting married at Disney. It's impossible for it to suck."
"But what if the colors are ugly and my ideas aren't pretty?"
"It'll be fine."

*sigh*

I swear something is being piped into the air right now!! I'm having this same moment! At least you're not alone butttt take a breath, step back for a minute and re-eval. For me it only lasted a little while, I changed a few things and kept a lot of others. Hopefully the struggle stops for you soon! We only have 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days to goooo!!!! :dance3:

I swear something is being piped into the air right now!! I'm having this same moment! At least you're not alone butttt take a breath, step back for a minute and re-eval. For me it only lasted a little while, I changed a few things and kept a lot of others. Hopefully the struggle stops for you soon! We only have 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days to goooo!!!! :dance3:

*inhales* *exhales* Perhaps pizza will help these feelings :lmao:

I know things are gonna be fine, but I was playing around with that stupid 'Dress Your Wedding' thing on the David's Bridal site, and of course they don't have exact colors, and I'm sure the creepiness of their figures didn't help it either. So I'm going to attempt to throw myself into reading this book and hope that the thoughts don't come back at 3am again. I like my sleep!

May is going to be here super soon! This thrills me and freaks me out! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter