*~*NEW October 2013 Thread*~* Our Month Has Arrived!

Gracefulskinny said:
I was able to select my Fastpass + last night!!

For the most part the system is pretty good. My one gripe with it is that even though it had the dates and times of my dining reservations it always spat out options with one of the return times hitting at the same time (as in within minutes of my ADRs) It did this each day and many times I almost picked that option because the other two fastpasses would be perfect timing. A hint though... I figured out that if none of the 4 options are looking good to you hit the back button and then come back to the options page. It refreshes the options and gives you new ones.

Still no magic bands though. Anybody else able to do their fastpasses?

I just did our fastpasses today! We are going Oct 5-12 at AoA. I just happened to click the link for "Fastpass +" on MDE expecting that generic screen but to my surprise, it was all there! I still have no MagicBand choices though.....

I still have no MagicBand choices though.....

Neither do I. I think that must come closer to the actual trip. Maybe after the 45 day mark. I'm sure that they want to be sure that they are getting their money and that you aren't going to back out before they give you that option. I am sure those bands must have a cost to them for the company. That's just my guess though.

Gracefulskinny said:
Neither do I. I think that must come closer to the actual trip. Maybe after the 45 day mark. I'm sure that they want to be sure that they are getting their money and that you aren't going to back out before they give you that option. I am sure those bands must have a cost to them for the company. That's just my guess though.

We will see! I'm actually 43 days out and our trip is all paid for. I'm going to keep checking everyday and will be sure to post when they appear for me. So excited! =0)

cajaput said:
We will see! I'm actually 43 days out and our trip is all paid for. I'm going to keep checking everyday and will be sure to post when they appear for me. So excited! =0)

So, this morning I logged in and had the option to customize all of our bands!!!! I'm 42 days out today and I did online check-in at exactly 60 days out. I have no clue what the trigger is, but I'm thrilled!!!! I was able to do our Fastpasses yesterday!

So, this morning I logged in and had the option to customize all of our bands!!!! I'm 42 days out today and I did online check-in at exactly 60 days out. I have no clue what the trigger is, but I'm thrilled!!!! I was able to do our Fastpasses yesterday!

:thumbsup2

How did it go?

They must have just released them for the whole month because I just checked and I was able to do them too and I'm 48 days out.:cool1:

Gracefulskinny said:
:thumbsup2

How did it go?

It was great! Very easy! I'm SO excited!! The worst part is that this trip is our very first one and our kids have NO CLUE! So, I have to keep all my excitement in. Lol I booked back in February and
it's getting harder and harder as we get closer!!!! My husband laughs at me when I lock myself in our bedroom to do stuff like this!! Lol

Gracefulskinny said:
They must have just released them for the whole month because I just checked and I was able to do them too and I'm 48 days out.:cool1:

YAY!!!! I'm SO glad! From what I've seen, it looks like they ship really quickly, too. I'm wondering if they'll arrive on Monday or Tuesday...

I was able to select my Fastpass + last night!!

For the most part the system is pretty good. My one gripe with it is that even though it had the dates and times of my dining reservations it always spat out options with one of the return times hitting at the same time (as in within minutes of my ADRs) It did this each day and many times I almost picked that option because the other two fastpasses would be perfect timing. A hint though... I figured out that if none of the 4 options are looking good to you hit the back button and then come back to the options page. It refreshes the options and gives you new ones.

Still no magic bands though. Anybody else able to do their fastpasses?

How did you get to do this? Did you get an email or something inviting you to try the fastpass plus?

How did you get to do this? Did you get an email or something inviting you to try the fastpass plus?

I did not get an invite, I just logged into My Disney Experience and saw a link that said Fastpass+ and I clicked it and it let me choose! Just try it. My understanding is that it is opening up more and more each day for people.

I think so too. I'm 57 days out and I was able to customize our bands this morning. I booked my fastpasses on Friday night though. Nervous how all this will play out but so excited our trip is getting closer!

I did not get an invite, I just logged into My Disney Experience and saw a link that said Fastpass+ and I clicked it and it let me choose! Just try it. My understanding is that it is opening up more and more each day for people.

Wow. That's awesome! Thanks for the info. I am 55 days out and unfortunately I don't see a link on my MDE. :( So far anyway. Or else I am not looking in the right spot in the app. I wonder if there is a rhyme or reason to the option being available? Like how big your travel party size is, how many times you have visited in the last ten years, etc? It's just me and DH and we go every October for F&W.

Ok, so going back and rereading some previous posts, It seems your trip must be paid in full before you get the FP+ option? That would make sense. That is why I don't have the FP link yet. I love this board. I learn so much here! :)

We will be a the BC October 4th-9th, short but sweet!

MGM - October 5th

Sunday - Pool day/Downtown Disney

Monday - Epcot (maybe) Food and Wine Festival!

Tuesday - Epcot Food and Wine Festival!

Wednesday - Early flight out :sad2:

Ok, so going back and rereading some previous posts, It seems your trip must be paid in full before you get the FP+ option? That would make sense. That is why I don't have the FP link yet. I love this board. I learn so much here! :)

Nobody is exactly sure how its rolling out but it would seem that they are slowly rolling out to the resorts. I would just keep checking.

I also didn't get an email about it. I just checked the MyDisneyExperience Page once I saw someone who is checking in the same day to the same resort as I was get the FP+. It seems to be somewhat resort based. Good luck!

Nobody is exactly sure how its rolling out but it would seem that they are slowly rolling out to the resorts. I would just keep checking.

I also didn't get an email about it. I just checked the MyDisneyExperience Page once I saw someone who is checking in the same day to the same resort as I was get the FP+. It seems to be somewhat resort based. Good luck!

Ok. I will keep checking. Thanks! :)

daizieduck said:
Ok. I will keep checking. Thanks! :)

When you sign into your account on My Disney Experience (the full site, not the app), along the right side you will see a choice for Fastpass + and one for MagicBand among all the other normal choices (like My Reservations, Modify Check-in, etc) Just keep checking those two everyday to see if they are live for you yet. Good luck!! ;0)

When you sign into your account on My Disney Experience (the full site, not the app), along the right side you will see a choice for Fastpass + and one for MagicBand among all the other normal choices (like My Reservations, Modify Check-in, etc) Just keep checking those two everyday to see if they are live for you yet. Good luck!! ;0)

Thank you! That is helpful! I didn't even know there was a full site in addition to the app. I am all checked in now and I see the magic bands and FP+ options but when I click on the magic bands option it says "Don't See All Your MagicBands and Cards? Unless you have an order currently in process, you may still need to link them to your account." The FP+ option says something about the program being rolled out in a few months unless I am participating in the Magic + test. So I guess that means the links are not live for me yet? How would I get magic bands? Do I order them myself somehow or does Disney automatically generate the order? Thanks everyone for your help. This is so confusing for me for some reason. Yet everyone I know thinks I am some freaky Disney expert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter