Something About Nothing ... #12

Back in the land of cooler weather now.........

Arrived just after 8am this morning after an excellent flight.......had breakfast in the Radisson before the 3 hour drive home.......hugged Kyle, had a cuppa and a good catch up then slept for 3 hours........Chinese takeout tonight.

Had another amazing trip.........weather was cool in the mornings some days but still gorgeous in the sunshine.......we said come September we’ll be wishing for a little of that cool breeze!

Parks were busier than we are used to, but totally manageable with EP. However the Friday and Saturday of our last two days crowds were really building..........I’m glad we’re not there now as everyone said it’s gonna be an extra busy Easter. But we will go back again for Mardi Gras next year, just before Easter times.

Hotel as ever was perfect. Always made to feel so welcome and definitely like returning family where everyone knows our name........staff are just amazing and we adore them so much.

Did a few things around outside the parks, but I think this was our most laid back trip yet..........lots of cocktails in there too!

And 46 days till we’re off again........looking forward to a little 10 night stay in Sapphire..........

Catch up soon..........laundry and food call..........

Welcome Back home Schumi!

Thanks mac.........don’t really feel bad at all from jet lag........yet........lol........

Wait till tomorrow!!!

Nice to be back to see our boy.........:hug: although with Skype it’s not so bad........but hugs are always nice.......

Not sure how many of you watch the news...but the FDNY lost a firefighter last night. He was the husband of a coworker of mine. We were pregnant together a few years ago and due around the same time.
yes I did see this, so sad...The Tunnel to Tower Foundation is helping with funeral costs I see. Worlds Finest Chocolate did a partnership with them a couple years ago (we are distributors for WFC in our fundraising business). Tunnel to Tower is a great organization. Glad to see they are involved.

Went for two things I needed at Target last night. Forgot the one thing, and kids filled the basket wih stuff, and checking out, I was annoyed at the total. Young guy checking me out asked if I got all I was looking for. I said they found what they wanted. He said, yeah his mom says when he goes, there is more in the cart then his mom thought. Kids are expensive.
I just spent $300 on groceries yesterday. Seriously where did the food I bought a week ago go??! Brought oldest DD with me and she didn't do too bad on adding stuff (just some brie and crackers). Meal planned my next 3 weeks of meals. Need to get back on track with this as it is the easiest way for me to save money and stick to budget. Had Chili rubbed, maple glazed pork roast with sweet potato and spinach has for dinner. Made overnight crockpot breakfast casserole for breakfast this am (have to start using eggs-had 3 dozen in fridge), along with chocolate zucchini bread. DD did take a dozen eggs back to school with her (still have a dozen in fridge).
And 46 days till we’re off again.
Well will probably just miss you! although I think DH is going to take DD down for her DCP check in this time anyway. His other daughter (the one he just found out about) has a birthday the 18th of May, and he was thinking of maybe being there for that. We didn't think Disney was too bad this last week, must have hit sweet spot in crowds. Still hoping we can get AP to Universal in June so I can get a couple trips out of them! When I checked wait times for universal they didn't really seem bad at all...

On another note-TWD was pretty good last week (just watched it today).

And I have the day off tomorrow as I won't have a car while the water pump (&thermostat) get replaced.

Monyk, you’ll have grocery bills till the day you die

I quit thinking how much I spend for food
That and gas for the car are probably my highest expenses each month in our day to day living

Had to do a couple of errands and now home in front of the tube
Catching last weeks wd and then tonight’s episode will be on

Can’t wait!

th
th

Well, how was the Walking Dead episode last night Mac?

th
I started to watch the 10 o'clock news, promptly went to bed. Had a restless night. Sometime in the wee hours, I started to cough, and could not stop. Finally got up and got a glass of water. Took a quicker shower, just to breathe in the moist air. Then annoyed to find out frost on the car windows, and car's thermometer said 26. Coincidence? I think not, it's the 26 of March. Yeah, that's right. The last 5 days of March, and we are below freezing this morning. I'm with little one, I want to have the weather where you want to wear shorts. Two years ago, I remember not wearing shorts until the middle of June. We had no Spring weather, it was cold even on Memorial Day. I would not like to repeat that.

th
So, tea it is, Monday it is,

th

th
::yes::

yes I did see this, so sad...The Tunnel to Tower Foundation is helping with funeral costs I see. Worlds Finest Chocolate did a partnership with them a couple years ago (we are distributors for WFC in our fundraising business). Tunnel to Tower is a great organization. Glad to see they are involved.

I just spent $300 on groceries yesterday. Seriously where did the food I bought a week ago go??! Brought oldest DD with me and she didn't do too bad on adding stuff (just some brie and crackers). Meal planned my next 3 weeks of meals. Need to get back on track with this as it is the easiest way for me to save money and stick to budget. Had Chili rubbed, maple glazed pork roast with sweet potato and spinach has for dinner. Made overnight crockpot breakfast casserole for breakfast this am (have to start using eggs-had 3 dozen in fridge), along with chocolate zucchini bread. DD did take a dozen eggs back to school with her (still have a dozen in fridge).

Well will probably just miss you! although I think DH is going to take DD down for her DCP check in this time anyway. His other daughter (the one he just found out about) has a birthday the 18th of May, and he was thinking of maybe being there for that. We didn't think Disney was too bad this last week, must have hit sweet spot in crowds. Still hoping we can get AP to Universal in June so I can get a couple trips out of them! When I checked wait times for universal they didn't really seem bad at all...

On another note-TWD was pretty good last week (just watched it today).

And I have the day off tomorrow as I won't have a car while the water pump (&thermostat) get replaced.

Sorry we just miss you again..........sounds like a nice trip planned for DH with the new addition to the family.......nice to hear you’ve welcomed the surprise......and congratulations.

Too much to catch up on........glad everyone’s doing ok........

Laundry planned for the rest of today.......washer was on all morning.......went out shopping for groceries this morning and thankfully although it’s quite chilly, it’s a beautiful day........sunny.

So, laundry and trying not to fall asleep this afternoon is on the agenda.........slept great last night so hoping that’ll keep the dreaded jet lag at bay.

Strange I feel constantly hungry since we got home.......wonder why.......:scratchin :laughing:

Have a great Monday........

You'd think my grocery bills would go down with less kids in house, but no-the boy just hoovers food in. Soccer yesterday- he had huge bowl of breakfast casserole, large smoothie before game, snack and dinner after game, then another snack before bed. And that's just what I saw him eat.

Laundry all day for me yesterday, sheets today. And house cleaning. When I get motivated...

And just looked at our extended forecast - possible snow showers next week?? Will probably change but I need to get my garden planted!!

Ha, MonyK, we had snow showers yesterday. It was then when little one wondered when she could wear shorts.

Yeah, little one can eat as much as the guys in our house. I guess all that running and soccer practice.

Sun is out, but still a cool, and windy day. 42 the high. Sigh.

Lynne...It's 48 here in GA now...it's supposed to be 77 on Wednesday...I'm ready :flower1:

Finally going to see Black Panther this afternoon and then it's dinner at Longhorn for Danielle's birthday :cake: I see a watermelon margarita in my future :cloud9:

I took 4 days off this week thinking I might do a short trip to the darkside but nothing is available in my price range so a staycation it is.

Have a great day everyone :goodvibes

It's not even midnight yet Schumi.......(your time)

Happy Birthday to Tink's Danielle!
Have fun for the birthday dinner tonight

:bday:

A very happy Birthday to Danielle! Hope the birthday dinner and drinks was lush.

Nice to just not have to work Tink. Yeah, lately, the hotel prices are not to my liking. Was thinking of a Spring trip too, but nope. Not even fall this year either. And yeah, I would like to see 70 degrees. Not in our forecast in this week or next.

Sigh, another hour of soccer practice. Good thing I charged my phone. ☎️

Tink prices are high at both darkside and motherland this coming week

Spring break makes them crazy!

Sigh, another hour of soccer practice.
I like indoor league better lol! Think our practice may get rained out tomorrow, now hat we are at outdoor league

Happy birthday to Danielle! Black Panther is a great movie.
Macraven-didn't your boys have some birthdays this month too?

Think we hit sweet spot in rooms last week- UT had a good price. And some nice prices through mousesavers for Disney springs hotels for DCP drop off and pickup.
Think we also hit a sweet spot on crowds as I noticed TP adjusted their crowd levels for the days we were there from 6-8 to 3-5 on 3 of the 4 days we were there.

Truck home and all fixed up. Had mechanic look up what we've had done to it this past year and he said there's nothing left on list of either maintenance or repairs to do...knock wood!

Danielle says thanks for all the birthday wishes.

Black Panther was great monyk :thumbsup2

Longhorn was good as usual. It was a nice night.

We now have 2 friends joining us on our fall trip so it should be fun since neither one has been to HHN.

Monyk you had great luck and no crowds at the parks!

Would be nice if all trips were that way

Hope your truck lasts for years

Yea two of my boys had bd this month
6 and 15th

Hey Tink just saw you are still up also

Up early.........

Although very different morning from yesterday........our clocks went forward this past weekend and I forget how dark it is early morning for a week or so.........thought DS was just wandering around when I heard him up....... but no........time to get up and it is blowing a gale and pouring with rain...........looks to be pretty miserable all round today and snow is forecast for Easter..........

Slept well again, seem to have avoided the dreaded jet lag this time..........

Too early for breakfast.........will have some English breakfast tea I think............

popcorn:: Tuesday and tacos. Yep, reminders.

We too enjoyed Black Panther. Tickets for the Avengers, with plush seating, already purchased. Older one is the most stoked to see it. Me, like it, little one, if it includes food, yeah, and does enjoy it enough. I have 2 free tickets to Wrinkle in Time. Was hoping she'd go with me. Neither of us are that interested in it, but hey, free. If I add a meal, then maybe she'll go. A plan.......:cool2:

We've been a hour ahead for a couple weeks, and it's still dark in the mornings. :umbrella: Sorry to hear your weather is not so nice Schumi. Snow for Easter? Yep, we've had that too, even when later in April. So far, we are to be a seasonal 50 degrees, and unsettled days, the rest of the week. Means rain at times. Overcast horizon at sunrise this morning.

Had to park in a teeny spot, so backed in it. Have to say, while I am old school, was nice to have a camera and sensors that beep quite loudly. Warned my little one, if you are changing lanes, don't just look in the mirror, turn your head, and look. She relies on the camera more than I do. :car: Single day countdown for driving test. And, more money from my pocketbook. ::yes::

:sick: Can't win. Now I have a cold, and feel ick. Not enough to not be busy, but popping cold pills and have a box of tissues handy. Decided to make it a short work week. 4 day week-end sounds lovely. Done.:thumbsup2

:cake: Have to wish my youngest niece a happy birthday. :cutie: She's the one with kids 14 months apart.

with that, :drinking1tea, lots of tea.

:wave2: Have a nice Tuesday homies. Taste a taco or two.

:music:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter