China 2010

That sounds like an interesting book. I think I am going to read the Secret Fan next.

I am getting really interested in the Shanghai Expo. I keep googling it and looking at pictures. It will really be a once in a lifetime experience.

We are also interested in going to the Expo, but your trip is right before ours, so I will not be able to hear your experience before we go, so anyone who goes to Expo in the next month or so please provide any tips and let us know how it was!

That is so exciting! I hope you have a fantastic trip and enjoy an easy flight! (Actually I guess I should have written flightS!) We are anxious to hear all about your adventure!

Have a great time!

Hello from Beijing! We arrived yesterday and just enjoyed a fabulous breaksfast at the Regent hotel. DD was so excited to have pork buns (ruo bao)!

The flight from San Francisco wasn't too bad and the weather in Beijing was hot and humid. Today is cloudy and cool, with a few rain showers. We are planning on a relaxing day of sightseeing, shopping and DD wants to go swimming in the hotel pool!

Tomorrow we are taking a tour called Beijing Sideways...should be EXCITING! :cheer2:
Saturday we are going on a food tour of a Hutong. Then Sunday we meet our ABD group!

Thanks for posting from Beijing! I hope you enjoy every minute of your adventure. I look forward to reading more.

Hello from Beijing! We arrived yesterday and just enjoyed a fabulous breaksfast at the Regent hotel. DD was so excited to have pork buns (ruo bao)!

The flight from San Francisco wasn't too bad and the weather in Beijing was hot and humid. Today is cloudy and cool, with a few rain showers. We are planning on a relaxing day of sightseeing, shopping and DD wants to go swimming in the hotel pool!

Tomorrow we are taking a tour called Beijing Sideways...should be EXCITING! :cheer2:
Saturday we are going on a food tour of a Hutong. Then Sunday we meet our ABD group!

See ya real soon!

Q's my princess,
We are going on the July 4nd trip and we are working on the details....we were just wondering....
Are you posting from the hotel in China?? Is there a hotel computer or did you bring your own? What converters did you bring?

Have a great trip!

Q's my princess,
We are going on the July 4nd trip and we are working on the details....we were just wondering....
Are you posting from the hotel in China?? Is there a hotel computer or did you bring your own? What converters did you bring?

Have a great trip!
Hi! We brought our laptop and ipad and have been using either the hotel's wifi or broadband connections. As for converters we brought the Asia versions, but have yet to need them. The power strip or outlets are conventional.

Had another great day in Beijing with absolutely gorgeous weather. It was amazingly clear and cool!

Hi! We brought our laptop and ipad and have been using either the hotel's wifi or broadband connections. As for converters we brought the Asia versions, but have yet to need them. The power strip or outlets are conventional.

Had another great day in Beijing with absolutely gorgeous weather. It was amazingly clear and cool!

If you find a hotel where you need the converters, PLEASE post that info. We're on the trip right after yours, and if we don't need converters, I won't buy 'em.

Has anyone found a good website or blog with Expo info? I want to go, but want to have a strategy as I figure the lines will be long and the time limited. So I am thinking of working out a few cool pavilions to see. Just read about the USA in a (slightly old, May 23) New York Times and was not too intrigued.

Have you tried "tripadvisor.com"? I was reading some of the comments and they seemed helpful. I am so excited to hear from the people who are going before us to tell us what is worth seeing!

By the way, I was really happy when we got the Disney "box" because they said they would drive us to the expo! I thought getting there would be half the battle!

Only a month to go!!!

Have a running trip report here on the board. Just click on Flat Stanley discussion. I don't see conventional plugs here in Shangri La in Chengdu. We bought a Conair Euro set of converters many years ago that is working terrificly.

Q's My Princess! Thanks for sharing this valuable information.

(I haven't been reading the current trip report because I want to be surprised during our trip. I'll read it when we get back.)

I hope you are having a fantastic time!

We are having an amazing time on this trip! Qismyprincess and her family are wonderful people. It is so great to finally meet them on the trip!

I am glad to see that ABD is providing help in getting to the Expo since it is the chance of a lifetime! My daughter's company will have a couple of installations there, so we will definitely be attending, and seeing the China pavilion(s) where their stuff will be. Hope to hear from others on the current trip before we leave on ours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter