Guardians of the Galaxy Land is possibly coming to Hollywood Studios

I'm a fan of the Tower of Terror, but I wouldn't cry 2 tears in a bucket if they replaced it. I'd much rather have Mission Breakout in DHS. People are coming in droves to see it in DCA. There's people showing up that haven't been out of their mom's basement in years.

You can just scoot your happy self out to California and go see it.

Keep your hands off my tower. :)

I'm a fan of the Tower of Terror, but I wouldn't cry 2 tears in a bucket if they replaced it. I'd much rather have Mission Breakout in DHS. People are coming in droves to see it in DCA. There's people showing up that haven't been out of their mom's basement in years.
Pretty sure I just peed my pants! LMAO!

No way, that place is way too crowded and they make you stand for some of the shows. Plus I don't like the layout of DCA, it feels like you have to walk unnecessarily. I'm way too lazy for that.

No way, that place is way too crowded and they make you stand for some of the shows. Plus I don't like the layout of DCA, it feels like you have to walk unnecessarily. I'm way too lazy for that.
Honestly you gotta see if the crowds last for mission breakout. Most any ride will get tons of traffic the first few weeks (the little mermaid dark ride)but whether it stays that way is the question.

Also just my opinion but I really didn't like mission breakout from the videos. The queue and rocket AA look cool but the ride itself? Meh

Honestly you gotta see if the crowds last for mission breakout. Most any ride will get tons of traffic the first few weeks (the little mermaid dark ride)but whether it stays that way is the question.

Also just my opinion but I really didn't like mission breakout from the videos. The queue and rocket AA look cool but the ride itself? Meh

It's not the crowd for just this ride though, the whole place is a circus. They've got people eating on trash cans in backalleys. I love all of the classic darks rides in DL, but the rest of it is not my cup of tea.

I'm pretty sure Mission Breakout will come to Disneyland Paris eventually as they build a Marvel land in Disney Studios there so they better leave the twilight Zone in Hollywood Studios

Oh yeah, the frenchies are going to get Mission Breakout and possibly other rides. I'll be very envious if DHS doesn't get diddly squat.

I’ve been hearing that Hollywood will get Gotg instead of Epcot. Disney likes doing overlays of attractions (Tower) and/or using already established rides (Toy Story) as the first piece to the puzzle. It is much cheaper to have an already constructed ride as the first of 3 attractions for a new area.

Why would you say they are going to turn Toy Story into a GotG attraction when it is part of the already released Ty Story expansion area?

Why would you say they are going to turn Toy Story into a GotG attraction when it is part of the already released Ty Story expansion area?

No, I was using it as an example. I was saying that Midway is the first puzzle piece for Toy Story Land. Just like Rock and Tower would be the 1st and 2nd pieces for Guardians Land.

No, I was using it as an example. I was saying that Midway is the first puzzle piece for Toy Story Land. Just like Rock and Tower would be the 1st and 2nd pieces for Guardians Land.

It would have been better to actually state the above in your first post then.

Too crowded? DCA has lower attendance than DHS.

OP has not been correct a single time. They are a troll looking for attention. If we aren't going to ban that, then lets ignore their threads in the future as they just want the attention for having false sources. How bored must you be to do this?

Too crowded? DCA has lower attendance than DHS.

DL is too crowded, DCA is just oddly shaped and has spaces of nothingness.

The Paradise Pier and Grizzly River Run areas are the worst. It feels like you have to walk for twenty minutes to get to an E-ticket attraction, with nothing, but water and trees to look at.

This is the one reason I would be excited about Mission Breakout going to Epcot. It would mean the Tower is guaranteed safe! I know its been said to be safe but this would help make the threat totally go away.

It's still ultimately the same thrill ride. It averaged 45-120 minutes before and it will again after the newness wears off. But for Disney it'll have the plus of promoting their IP, merchandising, licensing, etc. while appealing to an audience that has a ever-shrinking familiarity to a 55+ year old franchise.

It's still ultimately the same thrill ride. It averaged 45-120 minutes before and it will again after the newness wears off. But for Disney it'll have the plus of promoting their IP, merchandising, licensing, etc. while appealing to an audience that has a ever-shrinking familiarity to a 55+ year old franchise.
I get that but I don't think tower needs the twilight zone moniker. They could totally just do "haunted hotel" and it'd still be the same ride.

There was a massive uproar when twilight zone in California went and while I really want it to stay in Orlando, if that meant that Sunset boulevard became the whole Marvel land, I COULD just about live with that as it would help with the identity of Hollywood studios.

There would still need to be a massive amout of reworking but i could see it working.

I get that but I don't think tower needs the twilight zone moniker. They could totally just do "haunted hotel" and it'd still be the same ride.

That's not the way modern MBA's think, everything is an opportunity to establish or grow a brand to increase long-term revenue. They can't license "haunted hotel" to Mattel. Even branding it as Rapusal's Tower Climb would be more "marketable."

As noted, ToT is probably safe for the meantime because the focus is on SWL/TSL. If Viacom ever gets any of their Twilight Zone projects out of "turn-around" (not likely), it may either help or hinder the long-term future of the TZ-branded ToT; but no product sure doesn't help.

I love ToT as is, and my son became a TZ fan because of the ride (but that doesn't help Disney's bottom line), but predictions should be made from a sales perspective — executive officers almost always work their way up through sales — not a fan perspective. They know they aren't going to going to lose guests by re-branding.

Last edited:

Yep, I agree. If it stays, the Twilight Zone name has to go. They don't need to keep this IP, it's old and forgotten. They could name it so many different things, Hollywood Hotel or Hollywood Tower. The name doesn't matter, it won't stop people from going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter