I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I could PC the CIP to a CIU, then support? Would that work?
You'd be applying for a CIU instead. So if a CIU would work for you instead of the CIC, yep! I guess it depends on why you wanted the CIC originally - the categories or just the lower MSR. If just the lower MSR, that seems like a plan.

ETA Or do like @palhockeymomof2 suggested and end up with both if you wanted the CIC categories.

Just be aware that they might catch up with you, or at least try. We had a similar experience in November/December with a Nintendo Switch. Walmart sent it and it got hung up in the mail for several days, tracking just stopped. So I contacted them and they sent a new one, saying it must've been lost. Then they both arrived. I sat it aside and mostly forgot about it, and got an email a month later that they had received updated tracking information and that the original item had been delivered. I had 5 days to return it or they would charge my credit card. Amazon tends to have better customer service than Walmart, so hopefully you get lucky!
I would be pretty upset because it was their fault. I couldn’t see any tracking info on my end but their side said it was apparently damaged. It also said it was shipped by UPS and it came by USPS so idk what happened. I guess if they come back and say something I’ll be prepared.

Ehhh... you get a $100 rebate after paying for 7 flights worth at least $700 ($100+/flight).

You have to hold both a business and personal United card to get the 5,000 anniversary miles. I'd guess the no fee MileagePlus card could qualify as a personal card, but then you're still paying a $99 AF on the biz card for 5,000 miles. I had a legacy United MileagePlus Select card that I was paying, I believe, a $95 AF for (before I knew about the no fee downgrade option) that had a 5,000 miles anniversary bonus. I didn't think it was worth paying $95 a year to keep.
And actually the $100 rebate is misleading. Saw a comment on one of the DoC posts that made me look at it and here is how to get the credit (bolding mine):

Each anniversary year that you make seven (7) United flight travel-related purchases, each totaling $100 or more, with your UnitedSM Business Card, you will receive a $100 statement credit. United flight travel-related purchases include seat upgrades; Economy Plus®; inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi; baggage service charges or other United fees.

Seems they conveniently skipped a couple words on the promotional pages selling the new benefits:
$100 annual United travel credit
after 7 United flight purchases over $100*

IDK but I think "7 United flight purchases" is vastly different from "(7) United flight travel-related purchases" ; I don't care how many asterisks you put after it.

Ugh. I have an "important tax return document" coming from Chase today in informed delivery. I didn't do any Chase bank bonuses last year. Let's see what they did to me this year 😔

Knew I shouldn't have fallen for the $5 paperless statement credit again... :laughing:

And actually the $100 rebate is misleading. Saw a comment on one of the DoC posts that made me look at it and here is how to get the credit (bolding mine):

Each anniversary year that you make seven (7) United flight travel-related purchases, each totaling $100 or more, with your UnitedSM Business Card, you will receive a $100 statement credit. United flight travel-related purchases include seat upgrades; Economy Plus®; inflight food, beverages and Wi-Fi; baggage service charges or other United fees.

Seems they conveniently skipped a couple words on the promotional pages selling the new benefits:
$100 annual United travel credit
after 7 United flight purchases over $100*

IDK but I think "7 United flight purchases" is vastly different from "(7) United flight travel-related purchases" ; I don't care how many asterisks you put after it.

Oh, that's not as bad, especially if you have some Amex airline credits to burn. But from the terms, it seems like for a purchase to count toward the 7, it needs to be over $100. Seat upgrades don't typically cost $100+ in domestic, unless you're upgrading your entire party and United counts it all as one purchase. Nor does checking in a bag ($30) or even two (+$40). I don't know that I'd spend $100+ on inflight booze or meals either.

Bummer, fingers crossed for tomorrow!

I finally got what I wanted with a SDD. But the system crashing was very frustrating. But I'm working almost 60 days out. Now SDD is basically gone. 1 time just popped up at night. MFSR has about 10 openings in the evening so it looks like SDD is still going to be the hardest one to snag in DHS.
and THIS is why I"m looking forward To Universal this next trip......I truly mean it.... Disney IT and tech has me burned out..... this is literally the first period of my life where I haven't had the desire to visit WDW for such a long gap.....I'm hoping I can rekindle my 'planning spirit' by 2021....

It’s like high school musical, the musical, the series on Disney plus. Which I am clearly far too old to understand.
I'm too old to understand the name.... :rotfl2: when I saw it advertised I actually LOL'ed....it's ridiculous

TONS of coyotes here in the suburbs of Boston. I’ve only seen them on their own, never in a pack.
we have a pack here that lives in the woods behind our house,I've seen them occasionally at night but they've never bothered my (rotten,awful) little dog.... I LOVE the wild sound of the pack howling when a siren goes by.... it's so eery and amazing. The pups yip a lot in spring too... I feel like,yes,there are houses here, but the coyotes actually belong here in the woods more than I do..... I'd hate to see what happens if they started bothering people or pets.... which I haven't heard of that happening at all in 18 years here...

Had what seemed like a strange DP for me. I don't track it too closely, but it seems like with Chase I usually have at least 4 weeks or even longer after approval date to first statement close. DH was approved for CIP on 1/9 and his first statement closed on 1/21. I don't think I've ever seen one close that fast. All I kept thinking is thank goodness it wasn't my SW card that I was approved for the first week of Dec and started spending on to get the CP for 2020. Otherwise that would have been a total CP fail!

Oh, that's not as bad, especially if you have some Amex airline credits to burn. But from the terms, it seems like for a purchase to count toward the 7, it needs to be over $100. Seat upgrades don't typically cost $100+ in domestic, unless you're upgrading your entire party and United counts it all as one purchase. Nor does checking in a bag ($30) or even two (+$40). I don't know that I'd spend $100+ on inflight booze or meals either.
Exactly. Unless Economy Plus is expensive I think it'll be rare to actually get a single charge over $100. And then you'd have to do that 7 times in a card member year. I'd think it's easier to purchase 7 flights over $100 over a year than to find incidentals like that.

Offhand maybe oversized bag fees for presentation equipment or something is common for business travelers to get over the threshold. Or maybe two employees traveling together get the bag fees charged together at check-in? Also it says "other United fees", maybe change fees count? That I can see businesses paying several times a year. But without another semi colon I wonder if that's tied to the "baggage service charges" item and not separate.

It sounds easy and inviting until you read the fine print. I guess you expect that but I read that as completely different things rather than just a restriction of the same thing. I don't think I'm alone either :)

Just be aware that they might catch up with you, or at least try. We had a similar experience in November/December with a Nintendo Switch. Walmart sent it and it got hung up in the mail for several days, tracking just stopped. So I contacted them and they sent a new one, saying it must've been lost. Then they both arrived. I sat it aside and mostly forgot about it, and got an email a month later that they had received updated tracking information and that the original item had been delivered. I had 5 days to return it or they would charge my credit card. Amazon tends to have better customer service than Walmart, so hopefully you get lucky!
yeah....so if anyone remembers my Target fun with my Kitchenaid mixer (it ended up being free) back in November....I got an email two weeks ago telling me they had shipped my order,and it was on its' way (!!! this would be mixer #3!) ....but when I clicked on 'tracking' it told me it had been delivered Nov. 1..... :confused3 IMHO Amazon is MUCH better to work with than Walmart...

Exactly. Unless Economy Plus is expensive I think it'll be rare to actually get a single charge over $100. And then you'd have to do that 7 times in a card member year. I'd think it's easier to purchase 7 flights over $100 over a year than to find incidentals like that.

Offhand maybe oversized bag fees for presentation equipment or something is common for business travelers to get over the threshold. Or maybe two employees traveling together get the bag fees charged together at check-in? Also it says "other United fees", maybe change fees count? That I can see businesses paying several times a year. But without another semi colon I wonder if that's tied to the "baggage service charges" item and not separate.

It sounds easy and inviting until you read the fine print. I guess you expect that but I read that as completely different things rather than just a restriction of the same thing. I don't think I'm alone either :)

In other words, it's not a benefit targeted at most consumers, and definitely not most churners. :teacher:

I noticed Amex's older (and much more functional) version of Statements & Activity now says it'll be retired on May 1. Previously, Amex said it would retire the old version on February 1. I can still access the old version from some of my cards and stay in that view when I click to my other cards that have been transitioned to the new version.

Random question. Can I buy a bunch of DVC gold AP vouchers and just hold on to them? Do they show the (arbitrary) 2030 expiration date in MDE? Then when we activate we'd only need to show ID/blue card at member services? Prices only go up and I feel like if I can get some good DGC deals that may be the way to go. If prices continue on the same path it's better than a stock market return 😂

Dh drives me crazy. Every winter he gets tired of the cold and wants me to book a cruise within the next few months. I research and try but it is too hard and too much $$ to get a family of 5 on a cruise in summer a few months out. Last year I said do you want me to book a cruise for next summer? Nope, it’s too far out.
Now, it Jan again and he wants me to look for a cruise this summer But they are too pricey. So I just booked us on the Freedom of the Seas June 2021 so I don’t have to go through this again. Price isn’t too bad for 5 and we were able to get connecting rooms. We have always wanted to try Freedom of the Seas so I’m super excited. I’m not telling Dh until next winter when he starts bugging me. I might even just wait and tell him on his Bday next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter