I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm completely blind because I can't see this on any of the pages I pull up. It's probably right in my blind spot - right smack dab in front of my face - but whereabouts is that banner/text? It was plan as the nose on my face on the United landing page but I'm lost on the IHG one. :laughing:
Sorry, I didn’t see it on the actual offer page, but I saw it in the google search results:

Attachments

• D8A07B27-0DF3-4B7E-907C-E2B8413946E2.jpeg
    D8A07B27-0DF3-4B7E-907C-E2B8413946E2.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2
I'm overdue for another Chase card, but don't think I can meet the MSR on a "cup". How many URs does one get with the CIC? Can I self-support (I am aware of the risks) from my CIP? What is the MSR? I tried looking on dischurners but couldn't find an answer (sorry I am not good navigating reddit).
CIC offer is 50k/3k. No support for the CIC from any card. You can support from CIP>CIP, or CIC>CIU or CIU>CIU.

Southwest. Fees on two companion tickets.
Mine on SW worked, AA did not.
This morning I got 2 upgrade offers for the cards from Chase: I have the $49 IHG card - they raised the offer from 5k to 10k points.

For the Hyatt card, they didn't offer any points - just went through the elevated benefits. At that time I realized I have purchase protection on the old card, but it's removed from the new card. I see no benefit to paying them more once per year, as the only worthwhile benefit would have been an additional free night at $15K spend and I don't MS and not likely to spend this much on that card.
Why does Chase think we’ll take an upgrade that costs us more money when they’re offering no points, if we didn’t take the offer for 5000 points?
Or you could be like me and go for baby number 2 only to find out that SURPRISE it's babies number 2 and 3 and you need 2 of everything 😂
That was my sister. Every time she complains about her kids, I point out she chose to have 3 kids. Then she points out, no she was going for 2 and got 3.
Remember, this is the time of year when he actually has to "work."
Nah, he’s cheating. Or making more spreadsheets for his upcoming trip.
Wow it never occurred to me coyotes would be elsewhere! I just assumed the were a desert animal! They roam our neighborhood occasionally and people freak out. Then they call me (at work) and when I tell them they're a free roaming animal they freak out more. Having said that... bring in your smaller pets!
We have quite a few in Chicago. Last week one bit a child outside one of the downtown museums. They did catch it and decided it attacked because it was injured (it was limping and had BBs embedded in it) since it’s rare for them to attack humans. It’s now being rehabbed at a wildlife center.

Do you know if there are parking fees at Hilton? I assume so but just curious. I was going to use Bonvoy points to stay at one of the bigger marriotts outside WDW when I take my dd down but between the $45 night resort fee and like $30 parking fee (might have actually been a bit higher), I could not bring myself to book it. Free on points or not, that is just ridiculous!
I believe we have always had to pay parking but you could always ask kindly for them to waive it if you have status.

Here's a DP I couldn't find up until this week:

IHG stays booked on points/FNC it seems resort fee may vary as in you may get charged, you may not. Holiday Inn Disney Springs did not charge resort fee. I had one night on points and one FNC. I don't know about parking since we did not have a car.

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Clearwater Beach? I booked for Easter. The Hilton isn’t available unless I shuffle dates a bit. Opinions?

Has anyone stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Clearwater Beach? I booked for Easter. The Hilton isn’t available unless I shuffle dates a bit. Opinions?
I'm interested too. We are planning to head to Clearwater for a few days and I have a client wanting to spend a few nights there after WDW. They are on a tight budget so looking at all options for them!

Wow it never occurred to me coyotes would be elsewhere! I just assumed the were a desert animal! They roam our neighborhood occasionally and people freak out. Then they call me (at work) and when I tell them they're a free roaming animal they freak out more. Having said that... bring in your smaller pets!
We have them all over our area here in CO. If a cat or small dog goes missing, we pretty much know what happened :( I grew up with them in TX too so definitely not just in the desert.

It. Was. Terrible! I was trying to get stuff in the event I pulled off a winter trip and it was a no-go. No MFSR on the date I found a decent YC rate and no TSL anymore on 2/22. I guess I can try for 2/23 tomorrow, but resort guests probably ate that all up. Doesn't look like FotA is happening for me this year. I will just have to save the money and points for more fall trips!
I was booking today too. Wow. What a mess! I actually had to call Disney IT cause my dd19 had a profile under my account and then went all 'adult' and created a new profile. Her AP was on my dd19 profile but a resort reservation was on her dd19 profile and so couldn't book FP's. Anyways, the IT CM said the system was being 'extra magical' today :rotfl2: I actually talked to a few CM's and all were having issues of their own.

Delta question. If I book with miles but pay taxes with a Amex Delta card, do I still get a free checked bag? Or is it only if I pay for the flight?

I have had work pay for the flights and then have Delta waive bag fees because they could tell I had the card. Once an agent was annoying about it so I just paid for the bag with the Delta card. When the charge posted I contested it and they waived the fee once I showed them proof of the flight (boarding pass).

Dh decided we didn’t need two mattresses so he cancelled the one that hasn’t shipped yet. I guess we got a free crib mattress 🤷‍♀️ I don’t feel too bad since it’s Amazon’s fault

Just be aware that they might catch up with you, or at least try. We had a similar experience in November/December with a Nintendo Switch. Walmart sent it and it got hung up in the mail for several days, tracking just stopped. So I contacted them and they sent a new one, saying it must've been lost. Then they both arrived. I sat it aside and mostly forgot about it, and got an email a month later that they had received updated tracking information and that the original item had been delivered. I had 5 days to return it or they would charge my credit card. Amazon tends to have better customer service than Walmart, so hopefully you get lucky!

I'm overdue for another Chase card, but don't think I can meet the MSR on a "cup". How many URs does one get with the CIC? Can I self-refer (I am aware of the risks) from my CIP? What is the MSR? I tried looking on dischurners but couldn't find an answer (sorry I am not good navigating reddit).

CIC bonus is 50k URs after a $3k spend....no support links for the CIC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter