I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Might've been Ford in general, cuz my DH also got a 0% financing on his Maverick back in December. We were shocked also, went in planning to pay cash, but 0% is a no brainer.
Hard to say. it was nowhere on their website, and even the dealer seemed a bit surprised. There was a rebate that was only on the XLT, which is why we were wondering if it was model specific.

from what i recall something like 15-20% of people on 0% miss a payment so then their interest rate goes up to the default of whatever it was at signing and the average person spends a few extra thousand when they have 0 I know no one on this thread but that is what they are hoping for. bought a car for my DW they refused me 0% then at the end they tried to give it to me when i denied everything else we were already there for 4+ hours so I told them to pound sand.

Hard to say. it was nowhere on their website, and even the dealer seemed a bit surprised. There was a rebate that was only on the XLT, which is why we were wondering if it was model specific.
When they offered it to us, they said it was special financing offers for year end. Didn't mention anything about being model specific, but we did have to do the shortest loan time, 36 months, to get the 0%, and they said we had to have at least high 700s credit score to be approved for 0%.

DP-

Blue Cash Preferred- $95AF. Offer of $50 for $500 spend. Kept card.

My husband doesn't have a gold so the 6% at groceries is great for when he goes himself (which is often) definitely worth the $45 AF. Also he gets some of the best offers on that card for some reason haha
What can you use the cash earned for?

Aer Lingus says carry on bags must be 15.5 * 9.5 * 21.5

DB's bag is 22 inches (with wheels and handle) instead of 21.5 inches. Should he get a new smaller bag or take a chance?

What can you use the cash earned for?
I just use mine as a statement credit. Not sure if there are any other options.

DH and I alternate the $95 AF/6% back and no AF/3% back on grocery Amex Blue Cash cards. Couple of years ago Amex offered him an upgrade to the 6% with no AF for a year and $150 cash back, so I downgraded mine to the 3%. After a year he downgraded back to the 3% version, and I got the upgrade offer! Similar offer, no AF for a year and $75 statement credit. We don't spend $6000 a year on food at grocery stores, so I buy gift cards to get the full 6% back. Preferred also give 6% on 'select' streaming services.

Actually just looked at the history of my Amex card. BCP to BCE in 2017, back to BCP in 2018, BCE in Jan 2021, then there was an offer to PC to a Cash Magnet card for a bonus in Jan 2022, from which the offer came to upgrade to BCP in Nov 2022.

Last edited:
DH and I both have BCE, both downgraded from BCP but sadly we never get offered an upgrade with incentives. I always look and there’s an offer to “Upgrade Now” but always includes an AF and no bonus 🙁

For Business accounts, Bluevine is currently offering 2.0% interest on balances up to $250K (0% for anything above that), and Grasshopper is offering 2.25% interest on balances between $25K and $250K (and 1.51% on balances below $25K and above $250K). Are there better offers out there for businesses? What do folks do with their business funds to get a decent return?

Tried to SM to close a CIC, and they called and left me a voicemail and said to call them back. If I don't call back, will they just close it? Or do they now require to speak to you to close an account?

What are your favorite brands for packing cubes? We’re looking at getting a few more and the brand we bought previously apparently isn’t making them anymore

For Business accounts, Bluevine is currently offering 2.0% interest on balances up to $250K (0% for anything above that), and Grasshopper is offering 2.25% interest on balances between $25K and $250K (and 1.51% on balances below $25K and above $250K). Are there better offers out there for businesses? What do folks do with their business funds to get a decent return?
That sounds really low. We use Chase and have a sweep account which goes into a JP Morgan money market fund that earns almost 5%. We're also going to be putting money into t-bills once we can get Chase and Fidelity to talk to each other.

What are your favorite brands for packing cubes? We’re looking at getting a few more and the brand we bought previously apparently isn’t making them anymore

I use eBags too. Have had them a long time. Have a couple Eagle Creek ones too that I don't like as much (zipper not as easy to pull, material stiffer).

So, in the furry of trying to get to Vegas this month, it looks like I DIDN'T book my flights to NC. I had put a flight to Vegas on hold and a flight to NC. I swear I tried to cancel the Vegas hold, but it wouldn't go through. I THOUGHT I had paid for the NC flight. Well Sunday night I was at my BFs looking up the flight details and there was nothing in my AA account. I immediately started crying. I managed to snag the employee rate at the DoubleTree on the beach and was soooo sad. Well after some tweaking I think we managed to move everything around and still make this trip work. I was going to fly into EWN. But instead I'll non-rev into MYR. We land at like 11pm and it's 3.5 hours to the beach, so we'll stay 1/2 way between on night 1. I can't believe I botched booking the flight. UGH. Perhaps too much travel....I am heading to Nashville tomorrow, LOL.

I do have to laugh, I just got the AA Citi Biz again so I'd have the free checked bag. Oh well, LOL. I still want the points and there's no AF this year at least.

Has that really been a thing? I’ve got 6 Staples and 2 OD in my area, plus I’ve visited several while traveling and have never had an issue. Most I’ve had is the clerk wanting to see my ID to confirm it matched the name on my credit card.
I've had staples and OD come up w/ all kinds of weird rules. One limited me to ONE VGC and when I showed them the ad the manager said my store my rules. I've had them refuse to sell them to me using a credit card too. OD is supposed to check ID. I think they do it 1/2 the time. I feel my Staples have also pulled all VGC and make you ask for them now.

Yeah, I’m going through this right now as well. I agree, some times the more I think about a particular trip the more it seems forced, or like I’m settling. Also these free trips are far from free. You’re not alone.
I didn't book the "free" Holland cruise. Since I'm taking both on the cruise next year, I decided to forgo the Holland Cruise since the only time I could use it in 2023 was at Christmas.

I got 0% for 5 years when I got mine 2 years ago. I keep feeling like I want to pay it off and have to remind myself that I'm not paying interest so just keep paying monthly.
In March 2021, I got 0% for 84 mos on my daughter's Trax. It was a no-brainer for us as the plan is either she keeps the car and takes over the payments ($211/mo) or it becomes my son's. So paying out over 7 years wasn't a concern, LOL. But I live in MI, land of auto deals like no one else, LOL.

What is everyone doing for savings accounts right now? I'm earning 4.3% with Capital One but I'm sure I could do better. I've toyed with the idea of buying t-bills (1 or 3 month) but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
Wealthfront. It's 5.05%. I need to transfer over more of my money. As the bulk is still in Discover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter