• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Bachelor Arie

I do believe that basic intelligence can be guaged by level of conversation.
Arie does not seem to show any higher levels... In both IQ intelligence and emotional intelligence.

Bekah is young, and that can show, but I do not find her to be 'superficial'.
MOST of the other women/girls are less mature and more superficial than she is.

Here is an interesting take on Arie and Bekah... and the younger age of the girls.
(Says that all of the one's left are in their twenties.)

While I take a slightly different slant or angle...
This woman is very very right....

https://www.glamour.com/story/an-open-letter-to-bekah-m-about-guys-like-arie-luyendyk-jr

What he is expecting Bekah to do is to say... "HEY, okay... I am ready to give up my youth... all of these good years... and become an old fart, for you...."

Their age should not make that much of a difference.
Arie is not even close to 40 yet... but this is how he is thinking...
This is how he is playing this.
Bekah has not made it an issue... He has.

Does he not know that he is not only robbing a potential young woman of these youthful years and opportunities...
He is also robbing HIMSELF of those youthful years together with his bride.

Not good....

From his conversational skills. He even remarked on it when Sienne told him where she had gone to college. Which he has not done. I watched him in Emily's season, and I'm watching him now. He's not that intelligent.

I could turn around and ask you what makes you think he IS intelligent?
Well, just because he's not gone to college doesn't make him stupid. He's done significant traveling, which has exposed him to many different cultures and customs. He seems easy going...which I think is a good quality. He interacts with many different people on a daily basis, with his driving career...and now in real estate. Real estate requires extensive knowledge of finances and laws regarding properties. I just don't think we can judge him based on what they decide to put on the show. That's all I'm saying.

I disagree with some folks take on Becca. She was all excited...trying to be mysterious! Isn't that a tad immature?

I am not basing my opinion of Bekah on that one little out-take.
NOT at all....

And remember, the producers script and encourage this kind of thing.
That looked to me to be a total product of some producers leading and cajoling.

Yes, Puglsy... could be!!!!!!!

And, again, about Bekah.....
SHE is the one who was able to see right thru everything and absolutely NAIL it when she looked at Krystal and said....
"Seriously.... WHY are you here...."

Did you guys see that look on Krystal's face!!!!
OMG!!!!!
Priceless!!!!!
Totally 'deer caught in the headlights of a MAC truck'!!!!

Krystal is as phony as a three dollar bill...and that voice...wispy like Marilyn Monroe. Can't take too much more of her!

Here is an interesting take on Arie and Bekah... and the younger age of the girls.
(Says that all of the one's left are in their twenties.)

While I take a slightly different slant or angle...
This woman is very very right....

https://www.glamour.com/story/an-open-letter-to-bekah-m-about-guys-like-arie-luyendyk-jr

What he is expecting Bekah to do is to say... "HEY, okay... I am ready to give up my youth... all of these good years... and become an old fart, for you...."

Their age should not make that much of a difference.
Arie is not even close to 40 yet... but this is how he is thinking...
This is how he is playing this.
Bekah has not made it an issue... He has.

Does he not know that he is not only robbing a potential young woman of these youthful years and opportunities...
He is also robbing HIMSELF of those youthful years together with his bride.

Not good....
That is a very interesting article. I agree with it 100% that the "You're so young!" is actually a power play by Arie. It infantilizes Bekah and makes him the big, smart adult.

Yes, Puglsy... could be!!!!!!!

And, again, about Bekah.....
SHE is the one who was able to see right thru everything and absolutely NAIL it when she looked at Krystal and said....
"Seriously.... WHY are you here...."

Did you guys see that look on Krystal's face!!!!
OMG!!!!!
Priceless!!!!!
Totally 'deer caught in the headlights of a MAC truck'!!!!
I agree, she is growing on me. She is the most direct with Krystal. I still don't think she's ready for marriage, she has so much more life to live before settling in for marriage. Arie has done all his traveling and having fun, she is just starting on her journey.

Krystal is as phony as a three dollar bill...and that voice...wispy like Marilyn Monroe. Can't take too much more of her!
I know right, she's driving me nuts! There is always one on every season isn't there. People say this is all scripted but I do think in a mix of 25 women there is always going to be a crazy without much help from the producers. But what do I know.

I do have to say that Arie is definitely not my favorite bachelor. I don't even find him attractive, and he does way too much kissing. It's like the only thing he's interested in doing, with every single girl. Who has been your favorite bachelor?

Arie is known as the Kissing Bandit... Known for his kissing....
And, in many ways, yes, he seems very, ummmm, skilled.

But, maybe in the same way that a mechanic is skilled and practiced at what he does.
It is like some 'procedure'....

While I could def, appreciate a good kisser!!!!!
I find something to be 'off' when it comes to Arie.

I can remember thinking that from the very beginning of Emily's season.

Last edited:
Was there a big deal made of Arie kissing during Emily's season? Was he the one who kissed rather loudly or was that someone else, a different season maybe. I do think his kissing is a little "wetter" than usual.

Was there a big deal made of Arie kissing during Emily's season? Was he the one who kissed rather loudly or was that someone else, a different season maybe. I do think his kissing is a little "wetter" than usual.
LOL...I laugh when he does the hand on the head under the hair thing....I think it's his signature move!

Interesting story on Bekah being reported missing by her mother. I will link to the New York Times article but if you can’t open the link it seems that Bekah went quiet during filming of the Bachelor and her mother could not reach her and did not remember why. She has since contacted the police to let them know she is OK.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/02/arts/television/bekah-martinez-bachelor-missing.html?src=twr?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur
Interesting...I couldn't open the site. I think Bekah is strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter