Wait, didn't I just get back?! An August '10 PTR...TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED p. 27

Wow the Rose Bowl and Disneyland the same trip. How fun. The Rose Bowl Parade is on our short list of destinations. It sure would be fun to go and watch a favorite team.

I loved the WOC video, thank you for posting the link. I saw it once from the fastpass section (blue) and nightly from my room balcony(5 times). We were on the 3rd floor, so we could kinda see the lights underwater from that angle. I hope everyone will be able to plan a trip soon.:rotfl:

Where is Nemo on your AK schedule, I enjoy that show. Esp. the air conditioning on a hot day:lovestruc. You really should try to close the parks, MK is the best, the ride lines generally get really short. It is a great time to get on and off BTM or SM multiple times. You and your sisters are young, stay and enjoy your time in the park.

One week, so close now.

It definitely was a great trip. The Rose Bowl is quite the experience...the parade, the game, everything! So much fun!

I am so jealous you were just at Disneyland. I feel like it's been forever since we were there. :rotfl: The WOC show looked awesome.

I liked the Nemo show too but probably prefer FOTLK. But you are right, it would be a nice escape from the heat. And it's been a couple years since we last saw it.

One week! I'm looking forward to your TR already. :laughing:

It's funny, your description of your hesitation to go to Disneyland is exactly my feelings too. Would I want to go to Disneyland instead of Disney World? :confused3

In all seriousness, I do envy your completely up in the air itinerary. You know you'll be back so it's all good. :cloud9:

haha, I can't wait to do the TR especially with our visit to WWOHP! :cool1:

My dad always says that if you love WDW you HAVE to go to Disneyland. I still prefer WDW but I really did enjoy visiting Disneyland. I'm sure if you went you'd like it too!

Nice Disneyland report. I really want to go there someday. It's hard to justify flying all the way to California to visit Disney when you live in Florida. :laughing: Hopefully someday I'll make it there.

haha, I understand that. Heck, it's hard even flying from here to CA since it's so much more expensive. Plus both times we had a layover which we don't have to worry about when going to FL.

We did the exact same trip as you, DL & the Rose Bowl, only it was the year before you went! We only had one day at the park however and it was NYE, yeah, we didn't have the best time. :rolleyes: We gave DL it's proper due in 2008 when we spent 4 days there, it's different than WDW but definitely worth the trip! I agree with you the PoTC is better there and WDWs Splash is better, but also DLs Space Mtn is sooooo much better than the one in WDW. I hope to make another trip out there once all of the renovations to DCA are complete :thumbsup2

Oh boy, NYE?! I can't remember what we did on NYE. I think we might've just eaten at the ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney and I'm pretty sure the Packers played the Bears that day so we watched that on TV. :laughing:

When we went in '04/'05 Space Mountain was closed for refurbs to get ready for the HCOE but we were able to ride it on our second trip. I agree that it is better.

Great Disneyland report! It just makes me want to go all the more. :laughing: California Adventure looks so beautiful all lit up at night!

Glad you enjoyed it! I loved Disneyland so felt I should share some of our experiences since I know a lot of WDW'ers have never been there.

Wow, single digits!!! This time has gone so fast. Isn't it great when you can say, "This time next week..." about your trip? I love annoying DH with that line. :)

Love the DLR pics!

It is great! Next week at this time we will be at the Magic Kingdom! :banana:

I was there a year ago :( (at WDW that is.) Time sure does fly! I love being able to say, "one week from today I'll be..."

Awww. You have a couple trips coming up though. :)

You have one more week?!? Haha, I still have a little less than 2 weeks for work to be finished!!! I'm going to use your TR as the reward at the end of my torturous summer job!

5 days! Would you believe we're so close and I still haven't bought our Universal tickets? :rolleyes1 Yeah, I suppose I should get on that. I guess I haven't been in a hurry because we can just print them at home and have them before we go. But I am going to try to do that today. Like I said I am not going to be waiting in line for a ticket since I have a feeling we'll be doing that a lot anyway!

As you know we'll be staying at Saratoga Springs so we'll be close to Downtown Disney. Hopefully we'll get our request to be in Congress Park, which is the closest section to DTD. And since we'll be close we might be able to get over there more than usual. YAY! I always feel like we don't spend enough time there. I enjoy browsing (ok, and buying) the stores but I also like the atomosphere there. There's so much to do! So here are some plans for when we go there:

Downtown Disney Plans

Stores to visit:

World of Disney…a given on any Disney trip!

Design a tee…Claire keeps saying how she wants to make a t-shirt so we will probably stop in there.

Pin Traders…the perfect place to pick up pins and now vinylmation!

Team Mickey…we always like seeing what they have in there.

D-Street…This is on the West Side and if you are like us and are fans of vinylmation, this is Vinylmation heaven! I think they have every series available there and some other stuff too. Gotta go there.

Places to eat:

Earl of Sandwich…LOVE IT there. They have some of the best sandwiches ever.

T-Rex Café…Because of our experience at the Rainforest Café, I didn’t think you had to make ADRs for there. But now I am reading some people’s TRs where they called ahead of time to make reservations. Hmmm. When we ate at the Rainforest Café we just put in our name and had to wait about an hour and a half, which was fine because we could just stroll around DTD. Anybody have experience with this? Or am I nuts in thinking we have any chance of getting in there without an ADR?

Ghiradelli...Ice cream. Need I say more?

More trip flashbacks coming up!!! popcorn::

You might notice that as the years progress the trips start coming more frequently. After our visit to Disneyland, we returned to WDW in 2005 not once, but twice!

Trip #9: Spring Break 2005

In sticking with our spring break tradition, we headed back to WDW in 2005. It was nice because my college spring break and my sisters’ high school spring break overlapped a few days so the whole family was able to go. Just like our ’03 trip, we ended up getting two rooms, this time at All Star Movies. We stayed in the Fantasia section.

A couple of the things that I really remember from that trip:
-Getting to preview Soarin. By this time I had found the DIS and had seen a lot about them doing soft openings/previews for the new Epcot headliner. Because we had enjoyed it so much at Disneyland, I was really hoping we’d be lucky enough to preview it on our trip. Sure enough, on one of the days we visited Epcot, they were doing soft openings! We were taken through a back exit (there were still a lot of construction walls up) and got to experience the ride. Just as it is today, everyone who got off that ride loved it. Even our mom, who doesn’t usually like the thrill rides, thought it was really good.

-Seeing Wishes for the first time. On our last night we went over to the Magic Kingdom for Spectromagic and Wishes. Since it was the last night, I was already depressed and let’s just say seeing Wishes didn’t help my cause AT ALL. From the moment it started I was in tears. It was actually quite embarrassing but what can I say? Such a great show. Before we left I had to make one last purchase at the gift shop…yep, the Wishes soundtrack. I think the music is one of the things I enjoy most about it.

And a random '05 picture...

n20305212_32053880_4720.jpg

Trip #10: Winter Break 2005/06

Since we had just been to WDW for spring break, we really had no intention of going back so soon. But, as college football season progressed, Dad started talking about the possibility of Michigan playing in one of the games in Florida. Turns out the bowl bid didn’t turn out as we had thought…go figure it was Wisconsin who played in the game we thought Michigan might get into!

Because it was so last minute, we weren’t able to get anything on Disney property. GASP! So that was our first, and only, time staying offsite. We stayed at some place near Universal, a Hilton or Best Western or something like that. It was right across the street from the Universal parks so we decided to spend a couple days there. We all kind of agreed that US was just OK. The one thing I remember was the Mummy ride and I thought it was going to be this huge scary roller coaster. It was so short…at the end we were all like “that’s it?!” We all liked Islands of Adventure a lot better. But I was too chicken to try a couple of the big attractions. That will hopefully change when we go next week. :)

n20305212_30160686_598.jpg

Fisherman's Wharf at Universal
n20305212_30160688_960.jpg

n20305212_30160689_1194.jpg

And of course, since we were in Florida we couldn’t NOT go to Disney World. We kind of alternated our days between WDW and Universal. It was thrilling driving to WDW and depressing leaving those couple days. The highlight of the Disney part was going to three parks in one day. We started our day at the Magic Kingdom (it was so weird parking in the parking lot!!! LOL.), then ventured over to Epcot and finished the day off at MGM. Yes, it was MGM then. Haha! And we finally got to see the famous Osborne Lights!

n20305212_30160706_5988.jpg

Again, some random pictures. Sorry I don't have pics that actually match what I'm talking about...they're all I have uploaded! :rolleyes1

I loved the Happiest Celebration on Earth castle decorations.
n20305212_30160702_4785.jpg

And of course all the holiday excitement!
n20305212_30160704_5392.jpg

It was after that trip that Dad started talking about buying into Disney Vacation Club. I really didn’t think he was serious but he started looking into it and just a few short months later, we were members!! Disney vacations for years to come!! As you know, our home resort is Saratoga Springs and we couldn’t wait to start planning our first visit “home!”

2005 was our first 'real' trip, I thought all the gold on the castle for the 50th anniversary was really pretty - I know alot of people didn't like it though!

The Castle is beautiful!!! Love it! Our first trip was in October 2006 and all that was long gone.

That's your Mom on Aladdin, right? I think that's the first picture I have ever seen of her! :laughing:

We plan to do Universal when Henry is older. Have you ever done Sea World?

5 days! :woohoo:

I like your Magic Carpets pic! I've always wanted a picture on that ride. I love the seating, lol.

I didn't know T-Rex took reservations. But I don't think you'll have a problem getting in...the wait will probably be as long as the one when you went to Rainforest Cafe.

soooo close now!!! you know that I'm going to WDW too much when I have decided to start packing the night before I leave which can end up being the wrong decision but having a car won't make it horrible, if I forget something, I'll drive 10 mins to walmart and get it haha :)

WOOT for 5 days!!!! You are going to be there so soon!!!

I adore DTD!! I hope you get more time to explore it! I try to get down there at least 2 times a trip to shop and to eat (they have some great CS).

Love the flashback pictures!!!

5 days! I'm so Jealous!

Great Flashbacks. I so want to go back to Disneyland some day... I keep subtly telling DH, we'll see if he takes the hint. I like the gold on the castle way better than the pink :rotfl:

Trying Earl of Sandwich is on my list for our next trip - so I hope you do make it there, so I can read about it.:cutie:

Mmmmm, Ghiradelli. Never been but I keep hearing about it. Adding this to my plans!

Soft opening for Soarin? LUCKY! I have Wishes playing on youtube right now. I MUST get that. Man, that little voice makes me tear up -- every time! And for some reason, the "Go the Distance" part does too.

The gold was still on the castle for our first trip in Sept 2006 so I thought that's how it looked all the time. :laughing: I kinda miss it actually and like it much better then the castle cake!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

5 days!!!

2005 was our first 'real' trip, I thought all the gold on the castle for the 50th anniversary was really pretty - I know alot of people didn't like it though!

haha, well, atleast the gold was better than the castle cake. :rotfl:

The Castle is beautiful!!! Love it! Our first trip was in October 2006 and all that was long gone.

That's your Mom on Aladdin, right? I think that's the first picture I have ever seen of her! :laughing:

We plan to do Universal when Henry is older. Have you ever done Sea World?

Hey, we were there in Oct. '06 too! That'll actually be my next update. Maybe we were there at the same time and didn't know it. haha

Actually, that's me and my sister! I'm in the front and Claire's in the back. But you are right, I don't think I've posted any pics of mom, mostly because she hasn't been on any of the trips I've done TRs for!

Yes, we have done Sea World twice. Once when we were younger (I think it was '95) and then we went again in '08. Loved it! I know it's not in Orlando but the next thing I want to do is the Kennedy Space Center.

5 days! :woohoo:

I like your Magic Carpets pic! I've always wanted a picture on that ride. I love the seating, lol.

I didn't know T-Rex took reservations. But I don't think you'll have a problem getting in...the wait will probably be as long as the one when you went to Rainforest Cafe.

Thanks! I like how you can control that ride with the up and down and side to side. :laughing:

I didn't either but saw someone's TR where they called ahead of time. Honestly I don't mind if we have to wait like we did for RFC. If it is really long we can just walk around like we did on that trip!

soooo close now!!! you know that I'm going to WDW too much when I have decided to start packing the night before I leave which can end up being the wrong decision but having a car won't make it horrible, if I forget something, I'll drive 10 mins to walmart and get it haha :)

Oh, I pack the day before too. Even if it is for WDW I hate packing!

WOOT for 5 days!!!! You are going to be there so soon!!!

I adore DTD!! I hope you get more time to explore it! I try to get down there at least 2 times a trip to shop and to eat (they have some great CS).

Love the flashback pictures!!!

I love DTD too. Now that our trips are a bit shorter we hardly get to go there since we're always at the parks. On our earlier trips we used to take a non-park day and go to DTD.

Glad you like the pictures! :)

5 days! I'm so Jealous!

Great Flashbacks. I so want to go back to Disneyland some day... I keep subtly telling DH, we'll see if he takes the hint. I like the gold on the castle way better than the pink :rotfl:

Trying Earl of Sandwich is on my list for our next trip - so I hope you do make it there, so I can read about it.:cutie:

haha! I am still jealous of your holiday trip. So I guess we are even. :laughing:

Disneyland is so much fun. Hopefully you can convince your DH to go sometime! It is worth the trip!

I hope we get to go to Earl of Sandwich too. It is so yummy. Every once in a while I get a craving for them and of course there are none around here. :rolleyes:

5 day dancin'

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Soon to be 4 days! :woohoo:

Mmmmm, Ghiradelli. Never been but I keep hearing about it. Adding this to my plans!

Soft opening for Soarin? LUCKY! I have Wishes playing on youtube right now. I MUST get that. Man, that little voice makes me tear up -- every time! And for some reason, the "Go the Distance" part does too.

The gold was still on the castle for our first trip in Sept 2006 so I thought that's how it looked all the time. :laughing: I kinda miss it actually and like it much better then the castle cake!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

5 days!!!

Oh gosh, Ghiradelli has the BEST sundaes. Mmmmmm. You have to try it!

Yeah, it was so neat doing the soft opening. We also got to do another soft opening for another major attraction on one of our later trips...;)

I hear ya on the voice in Wishes. It is too cute. I really like the whole beginning, especially the part with "Second Star to the Right" from Peter Pan. Heck I like the whole soundtrack which is why I bought it! :goodvibes

More Universal Info

Well, I finally bought our Universal tickets today! So that is all taken care of. We were able to print them so we're ready to go now. Plus it's nice because I think we saved $10 per ticket ordering them ahead of time. :thumbsup2

I also called the Mears shuttle services just to confirm what I had been reading about how it all works with getting to Universal and back. Basically they told me you just call the day before to make a reservation but the lady also told me that if we get our times straightened out we could call earlier and set it up. So I think I might call them back tomorrow and make a reservation. We want to get to the park for opening and since I don't know how many people will be going I don't want to get stuck on something later in the morning. She said they start running at 7:25 so I am thinking we'll just do the first one! :laughing:

Have a good night!

My goodness... 5 days! FIVE FRIGGEN DAYS until you're back in the Disney bubble! I'm so excited for you to see Harry Potter too. I want to know all the fine details so take lots of notes and pictures :cutie:

5 days!!:dance3: You're almost there!!!!!!:yay:

I love DTD! And...we never seem to spend as much time there as I would like. :confused3

Great flashback pictures! Oh and glad you were able to get your Universal tickets today!:woohoo:

Love all your flashback pictures. The castle looks so cool with the special decorations. DTD and no Goofy Candy Co??? Try the Dipped Mickey Rice Krispy. So good with mini M&M's, and dark Chocolate. Give it a try if you or your sisters have a sweet tooth. So close now.......

Your trip sounds like so much fun.

I think I'm all caught up. Can't believe you're just a couple of days away from Disney!

Enjoyed the flash back trips and all the plans. I can't remember, have you been to D-Street yet. I bet you're going to love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter