Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1631-1633

Well, another week, I am 10 pages behind and there are more questions than answers...

It is frustrating for me to come here and not be able to give information or reassurances, and I can only imagine how gutwrenching it is for those of you who have vacations planned this summer.

:grouphug:

Yep--we are considering Universal for the first time as well, depending on what happens with our August trip (possible resort change and lack of park reservation available are my biggest concerns). Would definitely get a resort with included express pass too, though am leaning toward Portofino even though it is further from the parks because am worried Royal Pacific would make me miss the Poly too much. Volcano Bay is a huge benefit in the Florida summer--am still shocked Disney closed BOTH of its water parks. .

I don't have you on our Be Our Guest list.

I'll pencil you in for August, but like all of the trips listed, I realize yours may change based on what Disney does in the next few weeks.

::yes::

Wow that is terrible!! I feel for you. NBA comes first I guess. Over loyal guests who have had trips planned for months or even a year or more! Disney is going to have a lot of mad people.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

:goodvibes

The top seeded teams (Bucks, Lakers, etc.) are at GDT, while the worst teams are at YC.

Player amenities:

Thanks for the info about the resorts that will be hosting each NBA team and the perks the players will get at the hotels and campus.

:thumbsup2

I highly doubt they will be using SAB. There is a pool on the YC side of the resort that is out of view. Too many people in the vicinity just staring...

I also think the NBA is out of YC by Labor Day weekend. By then it's down to 8 teams. If not all are at GDT by then, maybe a few leftovers at GF. I think the resorts and SAB open around that timeframe. Pure speculation of course.

:welcome: to posting on this forum!

Looks like you currently have a split stay in Sept at the Poly and BC. I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

NBA is not starting until July 31......

Thanks for posting on the thread!

:welcome:

What are your current vacation plans?

:cool2:

Thank you for the welcome @natebenma ! I’m new to the threads but we’ll be at BCV August 1-9! I’ve enjoyed keeping up on the news. Just wish there was more news out lol can’t wait for dining reservations. Cutting it close especially for people on July 11!

Page 1634-1638

We had Beach Club reservations checking in on Aug 26, i just pulled up the app and it now says Poly... has anyone else been changed for late Aug without notification?

:welcome: back to this thread!

Sorry to hear about your involuntary move. I am still in shock that this is being done without contacting guests beforehand. A little courtesy could go a long way in public relations.

:sad2:

We were also switched from BC to Poly. August 26 check-in. I'll suck it up, but we prefer Epcot resorts. I asked to be switched to Boardwalk, but that's not an option right now.

:welcome: back to the forum and thanks for sharing the news about the changes in your stay.

Although I was ready to accept not park hopping it occurs to me that we got the 3-day PH+ tickets so that we could go to one (or both) of the water parks and now a 3-day single-park ticket won't cover that :( (Because we want to do MK, DHS and Epcot more than we want to do a water park). If SAB was available I could live with it but it seems like that won't be open for our trip...so what's the most cost-effective way to add 1 day for a water park?

Alternatively we could save ourselves the headache and just go to Volcano Bay on arrival day - no reservations necessary, tickets on sale now...and a weekend at UO pre-Disney was still an option on the table.

*sigh* What to do, what to do.

Do we even know when (if) the Disney waterparks will reopen?

:fish:

What amazes me is that Disney just does this and doesn't email or phone or anything to discuss that they are going to be moving you for xxx reason. Just amazing.

^^^ THIS!!!

Cases and deaths per capita in FL is much lower than in Virginia, and much, much lower than Maryland.

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

:)

Hello Dee and everyone! Just popping by to report that MDE is still showing our YC stay from 8/11-8/18. I’m hoping it sticks but I guess I would be OK with the Poly if they do end up moving us. Sure would be nice to know that before Monday though. (deep sigh)

Unsurprisingly my DS is hoping we can remain at the YC so he can be near the NBA players. :lmao:Especially if the Celtics are there. But I don’t know, it seems unlikely they’d mix guests in with the teams.

I have such low expectations for this WDW trip it’s unreal. I feel like we’ll spend the majority of our time just wandering around outside all day with nothing to do, then sit in our room all night annoying each other. Ahhh good times. Can’t wait. :laughing:

:wave2:

:welcome: back!

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list.

I have put down my permanent virtual ink for the foreseeable future.

:rolleyes1

So I just got moved from BWI to a 1 bedroom BCV (Aug 8-13). My choices were extremely limited. :(
Do they allow cot requests? There are 5 of us, DD25 will share king with her 2 little ones. Sharing the pullout with my 8 yr old is not enticing...

LOL. We almost overlap. We’re August 13-16, and moved from YC to a 1 bdrm at BWV. I’m loving the total lack of logic and consistency in their moves.

Slightly OT from the current state of affairs, but we had to switch our August YC stay (originally a June CL) to December. I’m a little worried about the weather & it being too cold for SAB, etc. Can any usual Christmas visitors help?

Slightly OT from the current state of affairs, but we had to switch our August YC stay (originally a June CL) to December. I’m a little worried about the weather & it being too cold for SAB, etc. Can any usual Christmas visitors help?

I live in Tampa so my weather is pretty much the same as Orlando. You should have a few days of warm enough weather. Chances are good you could have SAB-worthy weather the entire trip, especially if it's early in the month.

It doesn't get consistently 'wintery' over multiple days until January. December is a good time to go.

Thank you.
We’re actually going Christmas week, so I was worried it might be chilly by then

Page 1639-1641

I’ve given up and changed our Aug 30 stay to BLT from BCV. Hopefully we will get to try SAB summer of 2021 :)

Understandable.

Have a fantastic trip!

We have decided to cancel our upcoming stay in August. You can remove us from the BOG list (8/19-8/29). With all the changes and unknowns and was feeling like he actual vacation was going to be just as stressful. Hopefully next year will be somewhat back to "normal" or at least more of a vacation we want take.

There really are a lot of uncertainty and restrictions on Disney trips this summer.

Hope you are back soon to experience the magic!

:tinker:

Just had a nice, long call with the VIPassholder line and they confirmed no public information is available about the status of the YC (other than SAB being unavailable) but she did predict that since no YC dining locations are available in their system it seems possible more people might be moved. This was also my gut feeling as well but really there's no way to know for sure.

I might make a couple of extra MK park reservations in case we are relocated to the Poly.

Thanks for the additional info.

I am still showing BC CL Aug 6-10.
I went in to Modify my check in and it’s asking if I want housekeeping every other day or want to decline. Also, my magic band selections had been deleted.

I cancelled
maybe next year ?! :smickey:

I'm sure you have been anguishing over the decision for your summer trip.

I hope you are able to plan a dream vacation in the coming year.

MDE still showing our YC reservation 7/16-21. Phone CM said today we will be paying to be walked to a different resort , but that we will get “a special rate.” Many, many people in the July group on Facebook are being told the same thing. We are being told that the reason people with earlier reservations were moved at no charge, was because the parks weren’t open so it was some special Disney magic. I’m sorry, but, my hotel will be open, and someone will be sleeping in my bed. Sincerely hoping tomorrow it’s a completely different story. But since this was what I was told the first day it was announced that the NBA players would be at yacht club, I’m not overly hopeful.

:welcome: to posting on this thread. Sorry that it has been more confusion than excitement through this process. Wishing you good luck in your selection of a resort and hope that your family has a wonderful trip!

:cool1:

Page 1642

After hours on hold, I got a great CM. Unfortunately, she couldn’t tell me what resort they’d offer me if I kept my dates without transferring me to guest services. I ended up just modifying my dates to December & was able to carry my free dining discount forward. I was just curious what resorts were offered to other YC/BC friends who were still traveling this summer?

Glad to hear you were able to change to December and keep your discount.

I'll update the Be Our Guest list.

We modified our resorts today. We were supposed to stay at Poly for 3 nights and YC 5 nights. Our trip starts July 12th. We were switched to CR Tower Lake View room for both reservations. The CM did look into Copper Creek for us, but no luck with that. But when I looked online while waiting for her to call back I figured we wouldn't be moved because the studios only for 4 and were family of 5. I figured they weren't going to give us a 2 bedroom villa. She also couldn't find any at BCV or BWV for us. Not sure since CR now opening on July 10th that's where they are trying to move people who are still taking their vacations. My husband is super excited because the kids & I always vote CR down on him. The kids and I are trying to get excited for him. I keep reminding the kids that Stormalong Bay is going to be closed, so they are feeling a bit better. But I actually enjoy walking over to HS and Epcot.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad you are able to look at the bright side of a stay at CR.

Well, I was changed to CR Tower Lake View. It is hard to let YC go, but CR does have a place in my heart. It was the first Disney hotel I ever stayed at back in the 70s (showing my age). It was my Dad's favorite and he sadly passed away last month.

Wishing you a wonderful trip. I'm sure there will be lots of happy memories of your dad during your stay.

:grouphug:

Dee-Can you remove us from the BOG list for our trip 8/30/20? We changed our dates when all the Covid craziness started and had to change resorts to get the deal for the new time frame. Was holding out in case we could make a change but at this point we'll stick with CSR and be happy we could get park reservations!

Will do!

Thanks for letting us know.

:cool2:

Same here. If SAB reopens on 8/24, it seals the deal for us staying at YC. I just hope we know sooner rather than later. It was such a relief to see that YC would be open by our trip! Hoping the Skyliners are running again by Labor Day, too!

:welcome: to this thread!

So are you holding tight for now for your late summer trip?

Labor Day at YC?

Did anyone get moved to a different resort around park opening time? Supposed to stay at BC starting July 9th and haven't figured out where we will be placed.

:welcome:

Let us know what you find out about your trip.

Sadly, I’m off the BOG list for August. Our YC GV is now a 1bdrm villa at BWV.

Initial offer from GS was a “deluxe studio” at BCV, but with no SAB the queen bed in a studio wasn’t going to cut it for DH. Expressed a desire to stay somewhere within walking distance of at least one park, and the CM came up with a standard 1 bedroom villa at BWV. Probably could have held out for something else, but at that point I was just so happy to be speaking to a human instead of listening to the hold music loop it didn’t occur to me. ;-) Keeping same price, so relatively happy with how it turned out.

Scary Clown, here we come!

Thanks for letting us know. At least you are still in the EPCOT resort area.

Enjoy the slide!!! ( I hear it is creepily good)

:beach:

Yikes :eek: Disney is currently installing tall chain link fencing along the back side of the Yacht Club resort. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas and can see and hear them across Crescent Lake installing the fencing.
Somebody reported (on a DVC thread I think) about an ugly fence going up at the Grand Floridian. I assume these are to keep the general public away from the NBA people.

I expected them to open SAB when the BC/YC opens. I'm glad that you got a confirmation from a CM. :)
There would be a whole lot of angry guests if they didn't open SAB. ;)

Yes open to NBA players :/ If other guests get angry, Disney hope they cancel as there's too many people as it is.

Hey all! I have a reservation for a 1 BR at BCV for July 12-17. I keep going back and forth as to whether to move or stay. Like everyone else, I really wish that SAB was going to be open! Not just for the pool but for Hurricane Hannah's as well!

I don't know if it's true, but I saw on another site that someone there said that the quiet pool at BC was open in addition to the quiet pool at BCV. I'm hoping that is true so there is one additional option right at BC. Has anyone else heard this?

It said in the article that after the season the beds will be dismantled and liquidated. I wonder if you can request a specific bed that your favorite player slept on?
:tongue:

I don’t know how much of a demand there is for beds of the size, but it would be nice if there’s some sort of plan for distributing them after the NBA season is done. I would guess it the mattresses are probably pretty high-quality and they’re going to be used for such a short period of time.

Hey all! I have a reservation for a 1 BR at BCV for July 12-17. I keep going back and forth as to whether to move or stay. Like everyone else, I really wish that SAB was going to be open! Not just for the pool but for Hurricane Hannah's as well!

I don't know if it's true, but I saw on another site that someone there said that the quiet pool at BC was open in addition to the quiet pool at BCV. I'm hoping that is true so there is one additional option right at BC. Has anyone else heard this?
They announced that the BC and BCV quiet pools will be open. The quiet pool at the villas is very nice. The feature pool at the Boardwalk villas is supposed to be available for BCV guests, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter